Author Topic: Office 365 - What's involved with the integration with Mitel  (Read 10099 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
After YEARS of talking about going to Office 365, we are finally migrating our mailboxes in about a week.  With that will come Skype for Business.

Here are a few links I've found for piecing this all together.  First, I finally found the link to download the MitelMiVoiceforLync.msi

Since the micollab client is located here on your MAS:

https://mas-server/ucs/dl/UnifiedCommunicatorAdvanced.msi

The Lync plugin is located here:

https://mas-server/ucs/dl/MitelMiVoiceForLync.msi

Whether this works with Skype rather than Lync - I don't know.  We're only on 365 Proplus at the moment and we'll be upgrading to enterprise in a week.  I ran the msi file for fun, and it said I didn't have Lync installed.  I do have Skype for business installed - but it's in no way active yet.  It's installed as part of ProPlus - but not active yet because we haven't migrated to all of the 365 services.

There is a good blog post about the integration here:

https://gshaw0.wordpress.com/2015/05/07/lyncing-up-mitel-voip/

and the youtube video it references is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTL0b9dDVuI

One of the concerns I have is that we do not have MAS sync'd with Active Directory.  The blog post above implies it's necessary.  Is it?  And if so, has anyone gone from a stand-alone MAS installation to a MAS where the users are sync'd with AD?  That sounds like a mess!

Thanks for any further feedback you can provide.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Office 365 - What's involved with the integration with Mitel
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 02:43:50 PM »
I guess I have the good luck to have a very popular question, without much in the way of answers.

The MitelMiVoiceForLync.msi still will not install with Skype for Business because it says that Lync is not installed.  Well of course Lync is not installed - it's now called Skype for Business.  Shouldn't MiCollab 6.X work with Skype for Business?  Is there an updated version of MitelMiVoiceForLync.msi that will work?

Offline ispt

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:55:01 PM »
Would like to know the answer as well

Version on our MAS is signed on "Friday, ‎March ‎25, ‎2016" and it's still looking for Lync that has been renamed to Skype for Business well over a year ago.....

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 04:12:47 PM »
I've opened up a ticket with Mitel. 

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »
I put in a ticket with Mitel.  I got a reply from a Mitel dealer out of Texas (I'm in Virginia with very capable Mitel dealers all around me).  They're saying I'd have to upgrade MiCollab from 6 to 7.

Couple of questions if anyone knows:

Is this a completely new MAS appliance - or is simply a MiCollab "blade" upgrade within my existing MAS server?

Will this new version of MiCollab work with a Mitel/Intertel 5000?  I suspect it might not, but I cannot recall.

Will it work with the built in VM on the 5000.  We don't have Nupoint. 

Thanks for any feedback.

Offline rpasca

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 04:44:55 AM »
Just in case anyone is checking this thread now, MiVoice for Skype for Business includes the right client with MiCollab 7.2.1.2 which will not throw the error "Lync is not installed".

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10