Author Topic: Reset Mitel 5000 password?  (Read 13736 times)

Offline edputt

• View Profile
Reset Mitel 5000 password?
« on: June 15, 2016, 03:29:58 PM »
Hi there,
I am involved with moving a company to a new location. They have a Mitel 5000 and they have no idea what the password is. It seems they split from a parent company and the person with the information went with the other company and then left that company a LOOONG time ago.

So basically is there a way to reset the admin password on a Mitel 5000  without wiping the information on it?

Please say yes.

If you know but don't want to post it please PM me.
Thank you for you time.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Reset Mitel 5000 password?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »
You may be out of luck.  You can default the database and use the default password, but you'll lose EVERYTHING, even, I believe, the license.  Which makes the PBX an attractive paper weight.
There's also a super-secret password that Mitel support can use to get into it but you must be a licensed dealer and have control of the account...if you're the end user you need to get a dealer involved, make them your dealer-of-record, and get them to change the password.  Mitel charges for this, by the way.  One more chance: if you know who installed the old system your new dealer MIGHT know the old dealer's usual password.  Or, since you've moved out of the old dealer's territory you might be able to pay the old dealer to either give you the password or reset it for you using join.me or something.

Offline edputt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 05:37:50 PM »
Thank you for the reply. Not the one i hoping for, but it is information I can use non the less.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 09:00:34 AM »
Edputt,

You can default the database and it will keep the license, but in order to program it you would need database programming software that is the same version as your system.

As long as you know how it was programmed it is usually a simple matter to recreate it.

Other than that the post by Dwayneg pretty much covered all of your other options.

Thanks,

TE

Offline chrismitel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 04:45:04 AM »
If you have a database backup, I know how to change the backup password then you can restore it.  Not sure if it is against the rules to share this though as I have been told off in the past would like confirmation its ok from an admin first.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 04:00:30 PM »
If you have a database backup, I know how to change the backup password then you can restore it.  Not sure if it is against the rules to share this though as I have been told off in the past would like confirmation its ok from an admin first.
As long as the information is not Mitel proprietary information (meaning typically requires a non-disclosure agreement) or in violation of copyright or other laws, I see no reason it cannot be disclosed. It would probably be wise to disclose how you came across this information or discovered it yourself.

I assume this editing of the raw backup file in some way?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline roseward

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 02:33:49 AM »
I have this porblem as our ps-1 is out of sync with the rest. I'm assuming then that revealing how to reset the password is not allowed ???

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 05:43:59 AM »
Roseward,

It isn't a matter of knowing it is a matter of not being able to without the help of Mitel direct Tech Support; which I believe has to be paid for. They walk you through a series of steps that allows them to get in with their password and then they reset the password.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10