Author Topic: Hold and Dial Times  (Read 1573 times)

Offline BeckyJ

• View Profile
Hold and Dial Times
« on: June 14, 2016, 11:30:30 AM »
I'm wondering if our phone or our carrier decides hold and dial times. What I mean by that is, if you're looking up a number and dialing slowly you'll be disconnected from the line fairly quickly. Is that a program within the phone or is that from the carrier? If it is within the phone how do I change that?

For hold times, if someone is put on hold how long before they are sent back to the main phone, does the 5320 decide that or again the carrier? 

I've been looking through the manual since yesterday and can't seem to find information about any of these questions.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Hold and Dial Times
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 01:51:13 PM »
Two hold times in the system, both in SYSTEM/TIMERS AND LIMITS.  The HOLD timer is used for all stations by default, ALTERNATE HOLD is used for stations selected in SYSTEM/PHONE-RELATED INFO/FLAGS.  Normally you'll set the regular timer to what most people need, then use alternate for those who need longer time like maybe file clerks who might have to dig for a while.
Also in TIMERS AND LIMITS is INTERDIGIT LONG and INTERDIGIT SHORT.  Long is how long system will wait for another digit before you've dialed a valid number, short is used after 7 digits have been dialed.  Note that if you increase short it will give you more time to dial, but if will also pause longer before analyzing the number and routing call, slowing down your call.  All of this dialing info assumes you're using ARS...if you direct-select a trunk the carrier hears exactly what you dial as you dial it.

Offline BeckyJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 04:50:56 PM »
Thank you for that, second question, can you set those dial times for just one phone or does it have to be system wide?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 05:00:20 PM »
BeckyJ,

Those are system wide timers and limits.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
System wide except that you can use the (generally) longer alternate timer as needed by just turning that flag on for individual stations.

Offline BeckyJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 06:16:57 PM »
Thank you all for your help

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10