Author Topic: Mitel 3300 Time Issue  (Read 3897 times)

Offline squirrell777

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 Time Issue
« on: June 09, 2016, 01:00:35 PM »
We have dual Mitel 3300 MXe IIIs  running MCD 4.2.  The "primary" controller time is fine, synchronized with a time server.

The "secondary" controller is having the issue.  Time is not synching, nor can I manually set the time.  I can set Synchronize to Disabled but when I try to change the actual time I get an error, Generic Forms Application Server:Internal Database Error!

Also, in the software logs I'm getting error CHUB SERVICE PROVIDER CHubSP:ReadSysId()->iButton Device appears to be missing

I have some VOip phones on this controller as well as a peripheral cabinet that all seems to be working fine, albeit with the incorrect time.

Thx for any insight.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 Time Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 05:03:29 PM »
Are these clustered? If so is this form shared?

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 06:14:32 AM »
It seem you don't have your sysid insert correctly.

Offline squirrell777

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 08:37:29 AM »
It seem you don't have your sysid insert correctly.

Not sure why, this controller hasn't been moved or touched at all for about 4 years.  Everything was fine the last time I edited an extension, maybe a month ago

Offline squirrell777

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 08:38:44 AM »
Are these clustered? If so is this form shared?

Yes to both. The shared icon is still up beside Time and Date but it's obviously not synching.  The other controller, our primary, is perfect.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 09:12:52 AM »
I'm thinking that since you had a form error and you can't edit the form, you may have to do a data save and restore.

Ralph

Offline squirrell777

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 09:37:38 AM »
I'm thinking that since you had a form error and you can't edit the form, you may have to do a data save and restore.

Ralph

Just a standard backup then restore or something more advanced?  I usually do data backups once a month so I can always use the last one I did.  Just wanted to do that as a last resort since I don't have a service contract with Mitel at the moment!  I always fear that I'll bring something down completely doing the restore as right now things are working fine, except for the time of course.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »
I think ralph means to to a backup and restore, something has gotten corrupted and SDS is out of sync, a backup/restore generally fixes these types of issues since invalid data will not be restored.

Prior to doing that, have you done a FULL sync from the "master" element? Are there are errors showing in the maintenance logs after it completes?

Offline squirrell777

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 10:10:19 AM »
I think ralph means to to a backup and restore, something has gotten corrupted and SDS is out of sync, a backup/restore generally fixes these types of issues since invalid data will not be restored.

Prior to doing that, have you done a FULL sync from the "master" element? Are there are errors showing in the maintenance logs after it completes?

No, haven't done a full sync from the master.  How would I go about that manually?  Also, I've always used the browser to do all programming opposed to telnetting into it, I'm assuming just do a backup then restore straight from the web portal?

Thx for all the help guys!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 11:42:04 AM »
From the main controller, go to the Network Elements form, tick the elements to sync, then click Sync... in the following window, first just click continue or OK, this will sync basic system and essential information only and verify SDS is working properly. This should complete with no issues, if it doesn't you might want to get a vendor with a certified tech involved, if it works, do it again except tick the box to select and allow it to complete, depending on your system size and load, this could take a few minutes or possibly hours.

Always make sure to to a complete backup of all elements first, just in case...

And backups and restores can be completed completely through the web interface, remember a restore, even if it is the same data, will cause 2 system resets, one manual and one automatic, and could take between 15 minutes and 2 hours, again depending on system size and traffic.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:44:16 AM by acejavelin »

Offline squirrell777

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 12:37:44 PM »
From the main controller, go to the Network Elements form, tick the elements to sync, then click Sync... in the following window, first just click continue or OK, this will sync basic system and essential information only and verify SDS is working properly. This should complete with no issues, if it doesn't you might want to get a vendor with a certified tech involved, if it works, do it again except tick the box to select and allow it to complete, depending on your system size and load, this could take a few minutes or possibly hours.

Always make sure to to a complete backup of all elements first, just in case...

And backups and restores can be completed completely through the web interface, remember a restore, even if it is the same data, will cause 2 system resets, one manual and one automatic, and could take between 15 minutes and 2 hours, again depending on system size and traffic.

Getting an Error Synchronoziation Failed: Target node must be upgraded to at least Release 10.0......Even though they be have version 10.2.0.26_2 on them

Offline squirrell777

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 12:45:07 PM »
Do you think I should still try to restore or would that be in vain at this point?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 01:29:00 PM »
Do you think I should still try to restore or would that be in vain at this point?
It can't hurt anything to try... I'd give it a 50/50 shot at working, but if basic element data won't sync it might be time to dig deeper, but if everything looks correct I'd try the backup/restore and resync path.

If you are not comfortable with clustering and editing network element information, you may want to get some assistance.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 04:43:14 PM »
I myself don't share this form.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 06:25:56 PM »
I myself don't share this form.
Sharing Time and Date form is really dependent on location... if all systems in the cluster are, and always be, in the same time zone, it can work, but for geographically diverse systems it makes sense not to share it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10