Author Topic: License Error on Mitel 5000  (Read 4272 times)

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
License Error on Mitel 5000
« on: May 27, 2016, 02:42:13 PM »
Hallo Mitel Friends,

I am doing a small programming on a Mitel 5000. On the message board on the PBX i am getting License Error and when login into the system i am getting "you have an invalid software license. Please upload a valid license"'

The Compact Flash Card i used into this Mitel 5000 Platform was from another Mitel 5000 that we have never used.

Can someone help me out ?

Thanks in advanced.

Gimitel

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: License Error on Mitel 5000
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
Gimitel,

You need to create and upload a license for that Compact Flash in order for it to not reset every 240 minutes.

At the very least you will need a base 5000 license, either IP or Digital and the 1TC001xxxxxx serial code off of the Compact Flash to assign as the hardware ID in order to create the license.

Thanks,

TE

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 05:43:55 PM »
Hi TE,

My Mitel Administrator create an Application Record ID in the AMC. My question follows, is there an application i can use t create a file so i can upload the licenses ?
Please advise.

Thanks in advanced.

Gimitel

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 08:08:40 AM »
Gimitel,

So, what you are asking is how do you upload the license or how do you get the license to upload?

To get the license it has to be download from the AMC after it is created; just click the link to download and/or email the license to you. This will give you a license file (licensekey.isl) that you can then upload into the system. To verify that the license file is correct you can open it up in any text editor and then look for the ARID and the Hardware ID within that file; those should be the only two things you can actually read without knowing how to reverse engineer the license file which I will not tell you how to do.

To upload the license to the system you will need to get into database programming and then go to Operations > Software License Operations > Upload Software License. This will then open up a box that will allow you to Browse and find the licensekey.isl file for that Compact Flash. Once it is uploaded it will kick you out of database programming as the system will do a reset on you. Get back in when it comes up and verify that all your licenses are correct.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10