Author Topic: SDS - Removing a Data-Sharing Element  (Read 2990 times)

Offline bobjohnson

• View Profile
SDS - Removing a Data-Sharing Element
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:21:27 PM »
Hello,

Do we really need to reinstall the PBX software for Element B as per the instruction below?? can we not just delete the (PNI for the cluster, CEID indexes and CEID digits for the other elements, and so forth) from element B ?

The procedure for removing a network element from a cluster that uses RDN Synchronization is given below. In the following procedure, element A is the master for the operation and element B is the element that you are removing from the cluster.
1.   Log into a system administration tool session on element B. De-program all group features and devices that are hosted on element B.
•   delete any page group entries
•   delete any call rerouting first/second alternative references
•   delete the devices from the User and Device Configuration form. This step also deletes the telephone directory entries.  The RDN entries and hosted service entries for these devices are automatically removed from the cluster element databases via SDS.
•   delete the group features using the appropriate group forms. This step blanks the directory numbers of the telephone directory entries. For devices, SDS automatically removes the RDN/hosted service entries.
2.   Log into element A. Remove resiliency from any devices or groups that use element B as the secondary.
3.   In the User and Device Configuration form, remove resiliency from devices.
4.   In the associated group form, remove resiliency from groups.
3.   Repeat step 2 on any other cluster elements that have resilient devices or groups that have element B assigned as the secondary controller.
4.   Log into element B and disable the SDS option in the System Options form.
5.   Log into element A, access the Cluster Elements form and delete element B as a cluster element.
6.   Reinstall the system software on element B to remove the cluster programming data (PNI for the cluster, CEID indexes and CEID digits for the other elements, and so forth) from element B.

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: SDS - Removing a Data-Sharing Element
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 06:05:10 PM »
What is your software level?

Offline bobjohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:34:55 PM »
MCD 5.0

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 02:57:49 PM »
You should do a reinstall after all these steps. There are settings that stay behind. A system that has already been part of a cluster can't join an other. This has been made easier from release 7.0 onwards.

Offline bobjohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 04:03:49 PM »
What if this PBX will never join a cluster again, can I ignore the reinstall?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 05:16:17 PM »
I guess it depends on what you may do with it in the future. I myself would reinstall and license, makes it a clean stand alone system. Without licensing, the parts i.e. ready hard drive, may support the other.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10