Author Topic: MOH music over PA system?  (Read 1141 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
MOH music over PA system?
« on: May 24, 2016, 05:46:24 PM »
Hi folks. We had a weird incident today where somehow, the MOH was blaring over the PA (external speaker paging on an analog extension). Evidently after a while it rang back (also over the PA), so I'm assuming that was a recall and went back to the hold-er.

While I can see in theory that one could (I suppose) call the MOH extension and perhaps conference or transfer it to the speaker paging extension, but I don't see any practical way this could happen, especially accidentally. Being that there might have been a caller on hold at the same time makes this even more confusing.

Has anyone heard of this? Could someone theorize what buttons might have been mashed to get this to happen?

TIA,
-dg

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: MOH music over PA system?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:23:26 AM »
I would think that your paging is configured in such a way that it would allow someone to put it on hold.
What would happen is someone would call, the user hits another button to page and then rather than hitting the disconnect button the user hits another line.  That would automatically put the other line on hold.

Side note:
This reminds me of something that happened in the early days of the Mitel SX2000  (E stream).   There was a bug in the system that would at random time conference in an active call and put it out over the page system.    It did it once to the plant manager right in the middle of an important call.  Someone wasn't happy to be sure.

Ralph

Offline dg

• View Profile
Re: MOH music over PA system?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 09:31:44 AM »
Oh yes, that would be the completely correct and obvious scenario that I overlooked. (I guess I was looking for something more complicated and sinister...)

I'm sure someone just mashed hold after attempting to page, and then the hold recalled back.

Thanks, Ralph!
-dg

I would think that your paging is configured in such a way that it would allow someone to put it on hold.
What would happen is someone would call, the user hits another button to page and then rather than hitting the disconnect button the user hits another line.  That would automatically put the other line on hold.

Side note:
This reminds me of something that happened in the early days of the Mitel SX2000  (E stream).   There was a bug in the system that would at random time conference in an active call and put it out over the page system.    It did it once to the plant manager right in the middle of an important call.  Someone wasn't happy to be sure.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10