Author Topic: Forward internal and external calls to mobile number  (Read 5951 times)

Offline mhagadone

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Forward internal and external calls to mobile number
« on: May 24, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »
Hello, my name is Mathew and I'm a new member. Please forgive me if this should have been posted somewhere else.

I would like to have all internal and external calls route directly to a cell phone without a physical desk phone. I am using a 3300 4.0 running 10.0.0.10_2. Can this be done? How would I set it up?

Thanks!,

Mathew

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Forward internal and external calls to mobile number
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 03:44:49 PM »
Create a phantom extension and give it a DN

set call forwarding always to route to the real number or a speed call containing the real number (cell number) which overides toll control.

2 or  use the call reroute always (using the phantom DN) again to a speed call containing the cell number.

I am sure others will chime in wit other ways

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »
There are probably a dozen ways to do this...

You could just delete the phone and add a System Speed Call entry that is your "extension" number that dials the speed dial number. You can point a DID to it and call it, but you can't add it to a group (Hunt, Ring, Page, etc).

You could do as X-Man says, or you could build a phantom extension and Call Forward from the user web portal which would give you the easy ability to change the number.

There are more, but they get more complicated from this point...

Offline mhagadone

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:36:55 PM »
First off thank you x-man and acejavelin for responding much quicker than I expected. I probably also should have mentioned I have been working with the PBX for only 4 months. I can add a user, change out a phone and add a button. Beyond that....

x-man, When you say "phantom extension" do you mean under Telephone Directory Manager > User Configuration? On that page for the extention I have a Name, Number, turned off the Embedded VM and Desktop Tool Access.  I do have Hot Desk User set up (which I'm sure is wrong). But I haven't messed with the Class of Service or Class for Restriction. Do I define the speed call somewhere else and link using the "Class" settings?

acejavelin, I don't need the extention to be part of the Hunt, Ring, Page groups. Really what I am imaging is the kind of functionality that allows for 1) a call comes in and I can forward the call to the 3 digit extention: 2) I can call the cell from an internal phone with only using the 3 digits. Would the system speed call do the trick?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 09:21:48 PM »
First off thank you x-man and acejavelin for responding much quicker than I expected. I probably also should have mentioned I have been working with the PBX for only 4 months. I can add a user, change out a phone and add a button. Beyond that....

x-man, When you say "phantom extension" do you mean under Telephone Directory Manager > User Configuration? On that page for the extention I have a Name, Number, turned off the Embedded VM and Desktop Tool Access.  I do have Hot Desk User set up (which I'm sure is wrong). But I haven't messed with the Class of Service or Class for Restriction. Do I define the speed call somewhere else and link using the "Class" settings?

acejavelin, I don't need the extention to be part of the Hunt, Ring, Page groups. Really what I am imaging is the kind of functionality that allows for 1) a call comes in and I can forward the call to the 3 digit extention: 2) I can call the cell from an internal phone with only using the 3 digits. Would the system speed call do the trick?
A "phantom" extension in this case just means a phone programmed with no physical device connected... it could be an IP phone, SIP extension, analog port, or even a "phantom" bay (which is probably way out of the scope of this thread). Everything would be the same, you just wouldn't have a phone physically connected.

If all you need is to send calls to cell phone on a 3 digit dial, transfer, or DID call, then a System Speed Call would probably work, plus it gives the added benefit of not using up a user license. You can test it by creating a system speed call that is not your extension, set it to ring your cell phone, and point a DID number to it before you even delete your phone to verify it works as anticipated. There could be things you have to COR and COS of the trunks though (as with any external forwarding).

Offline mhagadone

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 01:24:24 PM »
I was able to setup the Phantom Ext (Name, 3 digits, No device, ACD Agent). I found the System Speed Call Assignment form and create a fake speed call that routed to my cell. Thank you.

Now I want to do it for real and link the phantom to the speed call. When I fill in the Speed Call form with the same 3 digits from the phantom ext in Speed Call Number field, the cell number (9+1+10) in Actual Number field, No for Toll and S/C for type I get an error, "The directory number is defined elsewhere." I'm interpreting this as a conflict between the value in the Speed Call field on the Speed Call form and the Phantom extension under User Configuration, correct? If so, how do I set it where people can search for the user in the phone book from their desk phone and dial the same ext?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 04:11:10 PM »
The speed dial number cannot match any other number in the system.
You can go to maintenance and enter "locate number XXXX" to find out where the number is.
Then you'll probably have to delete it before you can create the system speed dial number.

Ralph

Offline mhagadone

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 05:00:34 PM »
Hello Ralph, I understand the ext. I want to use can't be a speed call and a phantom device ext. Is there away to make the speed call ext show up in the phone book like an actuall ext? That way users can find the ext in the phone book from the phone.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 07:02:28 PM »
I was able to setup the Phantom Ext (Name, 3 digits, No device, ACD Agent). I found the System Speed Call Assignment form and create a fake speed call that routed to my cell. Thank you.

Now I want to do it for real and link the phantom to the speed call. When I fill in the Speed Call form with the same 3 digits from the phantom ext in Speed Call Number field, the cell number (9+1+10) in Actual Number field, No for Toll and S/C for type I get an error, "The directory number is defined elsewhere." I'm interpreting this as a conflict between the value in the Speed Call field on the Speed Call form and the Phantom extension under User Configuration, correct? If so, how do I set it where people can search for the user in the phone book from their desk phone and dial the same ext?
I think your combining 2 different approaches, they are exclusive of each other.

If your going to use the Phantom approach, don't worry about Sys Speed Call... Instead make a web user with Extension Programming access associated to your phantom extension, and log in and set the call forwarding to the external number directly. This approach allows flexibility for the user to change the number and other users to have a DSS key for the extension.

The system speed call approach well have you delete the phone and user, then create a Sys Speed Call entry that calls the cell number. More locked down, the user can't "screw it up" and other phones would need a speed dial key, adding an extra press of the transfer button to send a call to you manually.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 03:07:59 AM »
Or use the feature access key which can be one digit IIRC; but that nust also not conflict with other 1 digit items already in use.

Offline mhagadone

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 11:16:34 AM »
I like the idea of a the phantom extension. While the speed call approach seems more locked down, and i know never to  trust a user not to screw something up, I like the UE of searching for the person in the phone book and dialing the ext.

But, I have to be honest. I have no idea what you mean by "...mak[ing] a web user with Extension Programming...". I'm not looking for a spoon, were all busy. Maybe just smaller bites... 

Is there anything I could provide that would help you help me figure this out?

V/R, Mathew

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10