Author Topic: Sort/Organize Call Routing Tables  (Read 1081 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Sort/Organize Call Routing Tables
« on: May 23, 2016, 12:07:44 PM »
Has anyone found a way to sort or organize Call Routing Tables?

I have a few systems that have some Call Routing Tables with several hundred DID numbers, which are in random order, sometimes by blocks of numbers, sometimes individually. I know I can drag and drop individual entries, but that seems rather time consuming.

Any easy way to sort this form based on any criteria, or manually move blocks of entries? Short of running a report and opening it in Excel and sorting the columns that way?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sort/Organize Call Routing Tables
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 12:13:18 PM »
Acejavelin,

There is not currently a way to do that AutoMagically. We do the sorting up front when we program them in and then put a blank entry inbetween so we can label that for what the follow DIDs are to be used for.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 12:29:07 PM »
Acejavelin,

There is not currently a way to do that AutoMagically. We do the sorting up front when we program them in and then put a blank entry inbetween so we can label that for what the follow DIDs are to be used for.

Thanks,

TE
That is my experience as well, I was just hoping someone found a way to sort them especially for systems that had been in service for some time. Just thought I would throw it out there because I was getting frustrated this morning over a system with about 300 DID's that are pretty much all in random order (we inherited this system from another vendor). Thanks for the reply.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »
I've had them so bad that I created new tables and abandoned the original tables. It comes down to whether it's easier to build new ones or fix the existing mess.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:45:39 AM »
The obvious [to me] reason why you can't do this easily is because they're a top-down search. They could be easier to manage, of course.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10