Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - Phantom Call backs  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Ryskie

• View Profile
    • T2K
Mitel 5000 - Phantom Call backs
« on: May 20, 2016, 09:22:24 AM »
Kit

Mitel 5000 - v5.1
4 X ISDN 2'S
60 phones. (5312's, SIP DECT's and analogues)

Problematic phone - Mitel 5312

Scenario

In the past weeks we have a very weird problem, when a call is received or dialed, as soon as the call is dropped, sometimes the phones starts ringing displaying 'IC', the phone is then answered and their is no one on the line all you get is fresh air, so you put down the phone and it happens again straight away, This can happen up to 10x of disconnecting the call - 'VERY ANNOYING'

We have rebooted the system which managed to resolve the issue for a week or so, but it has come back.

We have tried tracing the call via system monitoring, but there is no evidence of the call their.

Its driving me nuts, please any advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Phantom Call backs
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 12:35:34 PM »
What kind of trunks do you have?  If they're loop start I'd suspect a bad trunk, and one way to test that is to loop at your SMDR reporting (the one that's built into your Admin & Diagnostics would be fine).  Track a few of these sticking calls, see if they're all on one trunk.  If they are, pound out a bunch of calls by direct selecting that trunk, see if you get a high incidence of stuck calls.  If so, contact your dial tone provider.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 07:51:54 PM »
Ryskie,

It seems as though you have digital trunks when you say 4 X ISDN 2's which to those of us in the US that would be a PRI and for you I would assume an E-1.

So does this happen daily? Does it happen during high or low call volume? When you answer the call how long will the connection stay up and working?

We have had this issue before when a T-1 was misconfigured and we would get phantom ring with silence or white noise, but it never showed up as an IC call. The problem is tracking it down and finding out what is really causing the IC call to happen. When the call is answered you say you don't see it show up in the System Administration and Diagnostics where it shows current calls. Do you have the licenses for OAI on your system? If you do then tracking down what is going on becomes real easy, but if you don't then it will be more trial and error.

Try finding out which trunk the last call came in on to that phone and see if you can recreate it by calling out on that trunk through a direct select or is this only happening on inbound calls?

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 12:27:00 AM »
I think by "4 x ISDN2" the OP is referring to ISDN BRI circuits, but the same rules apply.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline Ryskie

• View Profile
    • T2K
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:37:51 AM »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response, Correct they are E-1

I think that is a good idea to trace what call the trunk came on before this caused behavioral problems, also there was a line fault previous to this incident, so maybe its related.

Once again thank you for your suggestions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10