Author Topic: Roaming staff member.  (Read 1000 times)

Offline rheijmer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Roaming staff member.
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:00:16 AM »
HI!

I am an end user and our offices have the mitel 5000 system with 5312 handset units (other than main switchboard).  However we have one staff member who is not tied to a desk in anyway, but still needs an extension / portable device.  A seperate dect phone is not an option because he already has his mobile / cell phone and also management don't want to pay for it as it is likely that he won't use it a great deal.

Have done some websurfing and have come across something called micollab. Can someone tells me how this actually works, and if it is a costly add on. Also would this be a suitable solution - ie, if we can add this app to my colleagues iPhone would be able to make and receive internal and external calls using the app?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Roaming staff member.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »
rheijmer,

Well they do have a Mobile Client for MiCollab, but it is not very cost effective for just one person to use. The MiCollab server is a presence management server that allows you to see people at a glance and it has a built-in chat. There are other features as well, but those are the two big ones that most of our users want it for.

I suggest using Dynamic Extension by giving him either a Hotdesk or Phantom extension and then setup Dynamic Extension on that extension. This will allow you to transfer calls to him just like anyone else and if your version of software is high enough than he can also use mid-call features to transfer it back in if need be.

Thanks,

TE

Offline rheijmer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 10:10:16 AM »
Thanks TE :)

So what is a dynamic extension.  Would this enable the staff member to use his iphone to make and receive calls through his cell phone? (he works in an area where there are no "desk phones"

Alternitively I we do go for a DECT phone such as the 612d, do we also need the base station such as the RFP 35 IP DECT or is this only needed if you have multiple dect phones?

Cheers  ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:50:24 AM by rheijmer »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 12:32:58 PM »
Dynamic Extension, also called cell phone twinning, is a standard feature in 5000/250 now.  When a person's desk phone rings, the cell rings also.  As TE said, instead of a desk phone it can also be tied to a PHANTOM EXTENSION (virtual device) or a HOT DESK (phantom that can log into any phone when he's at an internal desk).  It's free, works great, and unanswered calls go back to his PBX voice mail, where pressing 0 actually can do something.  Works okay on any line, but even better on SIP or PRI where, depending on carrier, it can even propagate the original caller ID out to his cell.
The way it's built you can't normally make outbound calls through the PBX but I have a work-around to provide that if you need it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10