Author Topic: Looking to replace PC with Mitel applications  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
Looking to replace PC with Mitel applications
« on: May 19, 2016, 08:36:42 AM »
Hi, I have a Windows XP (!) PC that currently is used to connect to the Mitel 5000 system. On this PC is the Mitel System Administration and Diagnostics 6.0.45.0 program, as well as a CT Gateway 4.2 program that appears to have two connections running. At the back of the PC are two USB keys, at least one of which I believe is used for authorization of the Mitel programs. I believe that our receptionist connects to this PC as well to get her Attendant Console info.

That being said, how can I go about replacing this PC with a Windows 7 machine and properly installing all the necessary programs? Are they all available on the Mitel site? Any particular instructions I should follow? How can I back up any configuration settings I may need to transfer?

Thanks.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Looking to replace PC with Mitel applications
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »
All of those programs run under Windows 7.  You should be able to download them - although you may need some kind of login to the Mitel Site to do so - I'm not sure.

One of the usb keys is probably for the Attendant Console.  Our receptionist's PC runs the console and has the special USB Key (don't ever lose it!).  Not sure what the other key you speak of is for.

On a side note - the DB Admin program is not something I would normally put on a receptionist's PC - unless he/she is also the phone admin.  The DB Admin program can run on any PC and connects to your 5000 PBX via your LAN - so I would install it on a SysAdmin's PC instead. 

If that second usb key is also a Mitel key - then you will need to identify what it belongs to.  Hope this helps a little!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10