Author Topic: Moving unused extensions from connected phone system  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
Moving unused extensions from connected phone system
« on: May 17, 2016, 12:09:29 PM »
Hi, we have 4 offices with phone systems connected over the internet, such that if we dial a 3-digit extension, it will route to the appropriate office. I would like to move 5-10 phone extensions currently assigned, but unused in Florida back to our NY location. Is there a particular process that I need to follow? I assumed I would need to delete them from the off-node listing in the NY system, and hopefully that will make them available for me to add back as local extensions? I probably would also need to remove them from the Florida phone system as well (Under Device & Feature Codes-> Phones in both cases)?

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving unused extensions from connected phone system
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »
Rishi,

Well there are a few caveats that you will need to be aware of, but for the most part your assumption is correct. Here is a high-level overview of the steps needed.

1. Remove phones from the Node (x) listing in the system you want to add them to.
2. Add the phone to the Local Node of the system you want to add them to.
3. Remove phones from the remaining 3 Mitel 5000s.
4. Export from System that you added phones to.

Now here is the caveat, voicemail. Is it centralized or local to each site?

1. Local to each site: When creating the phones as new in the system you are moving it to then just create a mailbox as well; as normal.
2. Local to each site: Remove the mailbox from the Node the phone was removed from.

1. Centralize: Is the voicemail centralize at the site the phones are moving to or another site?
- Same Site: then you would be asked to associate the mailbox and you would select yes.
- Another Site: there is nothing more to do as once it is exported it will associate the mailbox to the phone and the correct node, but verify that it has happened.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 02:36:15 PM »
You can only delete phones from the node that they are connected to. You can't log into node 3 and delete a node 1 phone. You would log into node 1, delete the phone and export the database. The extension number is now available for reuse on any node.

As to the mailbox, you will not be prompted to associate an off-node mailbox. Using the above example, if you forget to delete the node 1 mailbox when you delete the phone, you will still be able to create a new mailbox on node 3. Both mailboxes will be associated with the phone.

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:51:11 PM »
Thank you for the replies. Voicemail is local, but likely wasn't even used for the numbers I'm grabbing.

Can you please elaborate more regarding the export? I assume this refers to Operations->Export/Import devices? I also assume this is needed to make sure that all locations have the same information?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 03:05:04 PM »
Yes and yes, you are correct on the export. After making the necessary changes, export all items to all remote nodes.

Double check on the mailboxes, delete any prior to deleting the phones.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10