Author Topic: Off hook announce  (Read 1903 times)

Offline rheijmer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Off hook announce
« on: May 12, 2016, 09:40:41 AM »
Hey!  :)

Is there a way to dial an extension and connect immediately to its loudspeaker??? On my last (non mitel) system this was called off hook announce and was done using a feature code followed by dialling an extension.

Using 5312 IP phones and I have access to DB programming software

Cheers

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Off hook announce
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 11:04:52 AM »
rheijmer,

Yes there is a way to do it, but if you system is not setup to do it already then it would take some programming to change it. You would also need to know who wants to allow this feature to happen to their phone and who doesn't.

There are two flags on a phone that work in concert to get this function to happen. Handsfree and Ring Intercom Always.

This turns the feature on for those that want to allow it to happen.
Go to System > Phone-Related Information > Flags > Handsfree: Yes

This allows the phone calling to use the Handsfree feature if it is turned on.
Go to System > Phone-Related Information > Flags > Ring Intercom Always: No

Another issue is if any of the System Forwarding paths have an Call Type IC to go somewhere then the Handsfree won't work since the phone needs to ring in order for System Forwarding to work.

Thanks,

TE

Offline rheijmer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 06:22:24 AM »
Thanks for this - but doesn't seem to work (although it does have a forwarding path, which I cannot take off because of the nature of the business)

On my old system  - this was really easy. I would dial a feature code followed by extension number and it would instantly connect to the phone loudspeaker.  If I just dialed the extension number (without the feature code it would just rang and work like any other extension).

So in short is not possible to have a similar function with Mitel.
eg dial feature code + extension and be connected directly to the loudspeaker?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 07:07:41 AM »
Rheijmer,

Not on newer phones and definitely not on IP Phones. There used to be an Off-Hook Voice Announce feature on old Inter-Tel digital phones when a PCPDM was installed on it. That feature however has been gone for all newer phones even though you can still see the flags for it under the digital phones.

Sorry,

TE

Offline rheijmer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 10:15:35 AM »
Thanks anyway TE :D

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 12:49:15 PM »
Keep in mind that what Inter-Tel used to call OFF-HOOK VOICE ANNOUNCE was a feature that allowed you to call me on my speaker WHILE I'M TALKING TO SOMEONE ELSE on my handset.  I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.  Sounds like you might just want standard HANDS FREE, which allows you to call me and immediately come through my speaker without me doing anything.  And I see Tech already told you how to set this up.  Works great, but you can't use it on a phone that has an intercom forwarding path for RING NO ANSWER (DND IC path OK) or dynamic extension (cell twinning) because every call is answered hands-free immediately so there's never an unanswered intercom call to send to VM or cell.
If this is on it applies to all calls, though you can over-ride and force call to ring if you press # before dialing ext.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10