Author Topic: Programming button to transfer to a specific extension  (Read 1137 times)

Offline rheijmer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Programming button to transfer to a specific extension
« on: May 12, 2016, 09:31:23 AM »
Greetings all!

Is there a way I can program I specific button to transfer to a specific extension. I have access to the mitel DB programming software

For example...

I work in an office with one colleague and regularly transfer calls to this colleague.  It would be great if I could just hit a button rather than dialling transfer and his number all the time!!!

Thanks in advance

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Programming button to transfer to a specific extension
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 10:59:53 AM »
rheijmer,

If you have an open programmable key then just dial 397, press the button, dial the extension, your done.

If you don't have one then it will take considerable more time to set it up, but we would have to walk you through it to find your keymap, add a programmable key, and then you can do the above to program it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline rheijmer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 11:34:41 AM »
Hi, have access to keymaps and can program that - but can't seem to work out how to do an all in one button - ie transfer to my colleague in one button press if that makes sense! :o

Thanks for your help :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »
rheijmer,

If you are on a call and you press the key with their extension programmed on it and then hang up that is considered a blind-transfer.

If you are on a call and you press the key with their extension programmed on it and wait for them to answer that is considered an announced transfer.

The two main items are pressing the programmed key which puts the call you have on hold automatically and then the hangup completes the transfer. If you do an announced transfer and they hang-up before you do they will cancel the transfer. If they don't have the Transfer to Connect flag set to yes then they will need to press a button to answer the call instead of just receiving it and talking to the caller.

Hopefully that clears up how to use it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline rheijmer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:30:03 PM »
Of course!!!

Sorry - mental block in operation! ;D ;D

I can program that through DSS on keymaps!

Cheers for your help!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10