Author Topic: Can I lock access to a phone  (Read 1414 times)

Offline KaptenBlack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Can I lock access to a phone
« on: May 09, 2016, 10:07:43 AM »
I would like to put pass codes on phones so people have to input a code to make a call or a pass code to make a external call. I work for a school board and we have a mitel 3300 and 5324 IP phones. Many students have been making prank calls from our phones and we wish to limit their ability to make calls.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Can I lock access to a phone
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 11:31:42 AM »
1) restrict phones via COR from making outbound calls.  If you want to restrict internal calls then you can set the max digits dialed to be less than the number of digits in an extension number.

2) Assign an independent account code with a COR that allows it to dial out.

3) Assign a short, non-conflicting FAC for using the independent account code.  (i.e. #11)

Usage example:  #11+<account code># + 9+<number to dial>

In the phones default COS you can set the number of digits to use in an account code.  If for example, you use a 6 digit code then set the length to 6.  If you don't then you will need to dial a '#" after the code.  Usage example:  #11+<account code># + 9+<number to dial>.  Setting the length removes this necessity. 

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 11:11:15 PM »
When we've installed at schools, we usually use the Day/Night1/Night2 schedules to automatically change the COR's of the classroom phones so depending on the time of day, the code may or may not be required. But always allowing internal and 911 calls.

Also, to limit classroom disruptions, I've used Call Rerouting to forced DID calls to go straight to the phones voicemail. Again, using Day/Night1/Night2 to turn this off after school gets out. But if the office calls or transfers a call to the phone, it still rings. (I remember in HS the classrooms having DIDs and teachers getting garbage phone calls during class time and how we'd use that distraction to our advantage  ;))

Offline KaptenBlack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 01:12:17 PM »
I have been playing around with this. I should said before that I have release Level 6.0 SP3. I am also not experienced with the advanced functions of this unit more just general user adding and modifying but I am the most experienced at my organization so it falls to me. We do have some support from our municipal telephone staff but I know the Mitel unit better than they do so I am trying to figure this out without involving them, plus saves us a support call. I may not have enough access to do everything needed. I am an administrator on the system but not Root. I did get a code to work but it blocks all calls including 911 and internal calls. I would like to change that.

Bluewhite4 I am curious how you have configured your phones how you have them working that sounds like what I ideally want to do.

I set up a Class of service (35) and Class of restriction groups (35) that I am using for testing. In Class of service I set the Account Code Length  4, Account Code Verified  Yes , Forced Non-Verified Account Code  Yes , Forced Verified Account Code  Yes , Non Verified Account Code  Yes. I played with these settings but the only ones that seemed to have to be on are Account Code Verified Yes and Forced Verified Account Code Yes.

Under Independent Account code is set the code as 1234 and class of service 35 and class of restriction 35. When I set Both the COS to 35 the phone required that I put the code in twice. I changed The COS to 36 (which is unused) so the phone would only prompt for the code once. I set the COS to 36 because I couldn’t find a way to not set it.

The phone extension 5555 is set to use day/night1/night2 CoS and CoR as 35.

I looked under Feature access codes but didn’t find any labeled “Independent Account Code“. Should I be able to add feature Access codes? Or do I need root level access to do that.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10