Author Topic: hunt groups  (Read 888 times)

Offline TYTEL

• View Profile
hunt groups
« on: May 05, 2016, 02:19:38 PM »
I have a mITEL hx 5000 with 3 hunt groups and trying to get the first hunt group to ring when the call moves to the 2nd hunt group and third hunt group.
Tried using hunt group list with first hunt group list is each hunt group, so what needs to happen is for the first hunt group to keep ringing until the call is answered as it moves to second and third hunt group.
Thanks for any help.
pct

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
Re: hunt groups
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 02:41:02 PM »
Create more extension lists and add the first members to the cascading two lists. That way they will ring in addition to the new members.

Just beware of system resources when using ring all groups.

IPI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: hunt groups
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
IPInstaller is right on the money.  I would add that rather than 3 hunt groups (sounds like you're doing all ring) I'd use just 1.  Set to linear.  First member is ext list with users A + B, second member is ext list with A, B, C + D, third has A, B, C, D, E + F.  Then repeat third list several more times (otherwise unanswered calls will restart at first again).  This also gives you the advantage of going right to second or third group if everyone in first is busy.  Also simplifies announcement process if you're using them, especially if you deliver wait time/queue position in announcements.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10