Author Topic: Paging override for DND  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Rick La Grande

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Paging override for DND
« on: May 02, 2016, 05:10:50 PM »
I am looking for a solution that I am not for sure if it is possible. I have a Mitel 250 ver 6.1.3. all phones are the 5360. I would like for an emergency page to be able to override DND is this a possibility and if so how would I get it to work?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Paging override for DND
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »
Sorry, by definition DND means DO NOT DISTURB, and it blocks any call or page from disturbing you...there's really no way to tell it that a specific page is an exception (though you can allow certain phones to over-ride DND for calls only).  The only solution, I think, is traditional overhead paging, which now could be either traditional wiring or VOIP.  250, of course, can do both overhead and keyset paging in the same group.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:41:27 AM »
Rick La Grande,

I am not sure how often your users are in DND, but maybe that is the wrong solution for this build. Maybe you should look at different avenues of redirecting calls so that pages can go through.

What reasons are they going into DND and what types of calls are they trying to stop or is it all of them?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Rick La Grande

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 12:46:10 PM »
This is for a court house. They use the DND so that a hunt group call will advance to the next phone and also so that direct ext calls will go to voice mail without ringing in the cubicles.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »
Use HUNT GROUP REMOVE/REPLACE to remove from HG (324 by default).  Use FWD to send all calls to VM (355-2500, by default).  Then PAGE still works.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 02:43:59 PM »
The most appropriate solution is to install overhead paging. Paging through telephones should be for convenience only, and not part of any emergency plan. There are too many variables that make it unreliable, such as the phone being in use or in DND, so any emergency message will not be heard.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10