Author Topic: Display Caller ID but with no Ring Tone  (Read 912 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Display Caller ID but with no Ring Tone
« on: May 02, 2016, 12:05:53 PM »
Is it possible for a phone to display the incoming caller ID but without ringing?

Client has 5 phones that incoming calls ring into, they have 3-4 sales phones that do not want to their phones to ring BUT would like to be able to look at their phone and if they recognize the caller ID answer the call.

I know this is possible on other systems but I can't imagine how it could be done on the 5000

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Display Caller ID but with no Ring Tone
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 01:29:04 PM »
Sorry, I don't think it's possible to deliver caller ID to a station without ringing (unless you turn off all ring tones).  You could do this with a CTI app such as Phone Manager or Call Viewer.
Having said that, you could cobble together a hardware-based solution: use an analog station port, we'll call it 1111 here, and make it part of the hunt group.  Buy a caller ID box from WalMart or Hello Direct and put it on user's desk.  Give user a station speed dial key to revers-transfer 1111 (4-1111 by default).  When call rings the group the caller ID box will display number and user can press key to answer.  Obviously could do something similar with low-end IP phone like 5304 instead of caller ID box.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10