Author Topic: Major reset delayed due to resource reconcilation failure  (Read 1028 times)

Offline berkley

• View Profile
Major reset delayed due to resource reconcilation failure
« on: April 29, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »
Major reset delayed due to resource reconcilation failure. The system is scheduled for a reboot but it dosen't happen. Instead, I get this error. Any ideas?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major reset delayed due to resource reconcilation failure
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:43:56 PM »
Berkley,

Does this system had digital or IP phones? What version is it?

I know with the old Axxess systems if you were logged into database programming it would stop a major reset, but that went away with the 5000.

An odd issue with the 5000 that I have run into in the past is when background music is enabled on a phone (default code:3130 the circuit busy indicator on the DEI box illuminates thus showing that a DEM is busy.  If an extension has background music enabled, this will prevent the system from resetting at the scheduled time even though the system is otherwise idle.

Here is what I found out about the Resource Reconciliation Error

Quote from: Mitel
Basically what this is about, is the system does some diagnostic tests. If there is something it finds wrong then it will schedule a delayed major reset. One common error is when you see that there are "voice channels once allocated but no longer in use", the CPU can perform a reset to clear this up. Below is the code for this, Steps 1 and 2 are what the CPU does.

Step 1
Loop through all devices and call a method of each device to cross-check the device's allocated resource list against the resource manager's structures. For each resource the device thinks it has allocated, it will ask the resource manager if it also thinks the device has the resource allocated. The resource manager will return a status to the device, and the device decides what to do. If a device has a problem and decides it needs to be aborted, it will return a status to this method indicating that it should be "destroyed and recreated".

Step 2
Call the method of the resource manager to have it go through it's allocated resource lists and ask each device whether or not it thinks it has a particular resource allocated. If the device returns status indicating that it has the resource, all is well. If the device returns status indicating that it does not have the resource, the resource manager will move the resource into the appropriate unallocated list. After looping through the various lists and checking with the devices, the resource manager will cross-check any additional resource structures against the just validated resource lists and restore any missing resources.

If that doesn't help point you in the right direction then most likely you will need to download the logs and send them to Mitel to find the resource that is causing the issue.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10