Author Topic: External Paging audio source  (Read 3776 times)

Offline bob2246

• Contributer
    • View Profile
External Paging audio source
« on: April 28, 2016, 04:28:39 PM »
Hello All,

I’m deploying a Mitel MiVoice Office 250 (I think this is the 5000 rebranded?). 

One of the features that will come along with this upgrade is a Viking FBI-1A Feedback eliminator; this device basically records a page and plays it back after the phone is hung up, thus eliminating the possibility of feedback if reciting a page within range of a paging speaker.
With this setup in place, the page will be delivered to the Mitel Desksets when the individual recites the page, and then to the paging speakers after the individual hangs up after reciting the page.

There are several phone locations that are within earshot of a paging speaker, and rather than have to listen to the page twice, I wish to have the page delivered through both, the phones and the speakers, simultaneously.

Is there any way that I can take the output from the Viking FBI-1A and feed it back into the Mitel, and have this delivered to all of the desksets?

Thanks for your time.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: External Paging audio source
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 06:41:51 PM »
No... That really isn't possible.

I get what you're trying to do, but I don't see any way that that's possible

Obviously, I was incorrect... 

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:56:21 PM by acejavelin »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:40:19 PM »
Remove those phones from the page zone so you don't hear both.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:45:12 PM »
Surprisingly you probably can do this!  First off, to record the page access the FB-1A by dialing the trunk port, not using the page feature code.  The FB-1A has a relay that you can program to close when playing back page.  Run the page output to your paging amp, but also run that same output through the relay and connect it to a SL port (analog station port).  So one leg of FB-1A goes direct to 5LA port on 5000, other leg passes through N/O contact of relay and then to other side of SL port.  Set that port as a house phone to dial 70 (page code) and put desired keysets in the page group (test by dialing 70 from a phone first to check your work in setting up paging zone).
Here's what should happen: you record message and it plays back through speakers, but also the 5000 sees the circuit through relay and FB-1A as an off-hook condition on that analog port and auto-dials 70, invoking paging through the keysets at the same time.
Please let us know if it works for you.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »
And now dwayne got me thinking, of course there is a way, more than one... you could even use Background Music for this function too, maybe even easier than he suggested.

Page out into the FB-1A, then connect it's output to the paging amp/self amplified speaker run AND the music on hold input... have any phones that should get the page have Background Music on.

Of course, for real MOH you would have to use a file based source.

Offline bob2246

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 07:27:42 AM »
Thank you all for your ideas...it'll be a month, or so, (depending on Ma Bell) before we deploy, but I'll be sure to let you know how I made out.

Regards,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10