Author Topic: Hospitality best practices  (Read 933 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Hospitality best practices
« on: April 27, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
I am doing my first hospitality install of a MiVoice Business AX controller, pretty simple one, about 10 IP phones, a 5540 console, 145 analog room extensions, and embedded VM... Just curious how the best way to do this is, the help section makes it appear pretty simple but there isn't a lot of details.

I have built the analog room extensions and added them to the Guest Rooms form, but do I need to make Users in Users and Services as well? All rooms have DID's so would this be easier to manage if I did? This is a standalone system, and there doesn't seem to be a real need to make users.

There is no PMS system we are interfacing to so they are going to use the console to handle room functions, but I can't seem to get the Guest key to show up on the console after going through the programming steps.

I am very familiar with setting up 200ICP's in hospitality, done literally hundreds over the years, but the 3300 seems really limited in some of the hospitality features.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:54:21 AM by acejavelin »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Hospitality best practices
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 04:44:07 PM »
FWIW, I went ahead and built users.

The Guest Services key had to be programmed on a firm key on the console but pressing Function - Att Function [F2] - Firmkeys [F8] and then pressing one of the "blank" firm keys on the console repeatedly until it displayed "Guest Serv", then Save [F0]

Now if I could just find a quick way to check in a guest in the voicemail...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10