Author Topic: Possible SIP DTMF Tone issue  (Read 6994 times)

Offline hondacr84

• View Profile
Possible SIP DTMF Tone issue
« on: April 26, 2016, 06:52:35 AM »
I am no expert and I am struggling to get a working solution from our Mitel reseller so I'm hoping for some on-line help.

We currently have a Mitel 3300 MXe with a separate Mitel Border Gateway.  I have no issues with the 5304 IP Teleworkers which are running the G.729 codec when we  exit out on ISDN30.  Just to let you know that the Teleworkers are connected to a Thuraya satellite bearer which has packet loss and high latency.  When I change the 3300 config so that the Teleworker exits via a SIP trunk to our SIP provider Gamma I believe I have DTMF tone issues.  When I try and type digits into the keypad for a password I hear that the digits are not recognized.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

Has anyone come across this issue before?  I'm hoping that a setting can be changed on the 3300 but I'm guessing this could be down to the SIP provider.

Thanks

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
Re: Possible SIP DTMF Tone issue
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »
In NL we have to make sure to use RFC 2833 and not inband for DTMF. Maybe I am wrong but we have encountered issues with that before. If your provider uses SIP INFO packets DTMF should work as far as I know/remember.

Cheers,

Dutch
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:15:23 AM by Dutch »

Offline hondacr84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 08:47:35 AM »
Hi Dutch,

Thanks for the quick response and your support.  Is the RFC 2833 configurable within the 3300 as I'm struggling to find where to locate this?

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 11:02:56 AM »
As far as I know Mitel 3300 only supports 2833 (out-of-band). You have to inform your SIP Provider to set it to out-of-band RFC 2833. Then your issues should be solved.

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »
Hi Honda,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but did you mange to get this resolved in the end?

Rixy

Offline mcastle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 04:11:57 PM »
We had this same issue a while back, the MCD was upgraded to a newer version, and someone somewhere changed the Default Dynamic Payload for DTMF setting from 101 to 98. Mitel recommended setting was 101. Our SIP trunk provider looked into the issue but nothing they were able to do. This fixed the DTMF tone both ways, if someone called our IVR they could not navigate our IVR, if we called another companies IVR, we could not navigate theirs. The tone was literally to low.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 05:00:09 AM »
WE had a similar issue not that long ago. Slightly different in that the far end equipment was a conference facility. Turned out to be SIP-Alg had got turned on in the firewall. Everything worked fine except connecting to a conference. Turned it off and robert was your aunties husband.

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 11:19:57 AM »
We had this same issue a while back, the MCD was upgraded to a newer version, and someone somewhere changed the Default Dynamic Payload for DTMF setting from 101 to 98. Mitel recommended setting was 101. Our SIP trunk provider looked into the issue but nothing they were able to do. This fixed the DTMF tone both ways, if someone called our IVR they could not navigate our IVR, if we called another companies IVR, we could not navigate theirs. The tone was literally to low.

Nice one Mcastle, may I enquire as to where this is configured as I can't seem to locate the setting?

I've resolved my issue by forcing SDP in initial invite. It looks like previously the numbers I was having a problem with were negotiating g711, the latest traces show the MCD is negotiating g729. Although it seems to have fixed things for now, I'm still not confident that another issue is going to occur somewhere along the line.

WE had a similar issue not that long ago. Slightly different in that the far end equipment was a conference facility. Turned out to be SIP-Alg had got turned on in the firewall. Everything worked fine except connecting to a conference. Turned it off and robert was your aunties husband.

interestingly one of the numbers we are having trouble with is a hosted conference bridge and it was point blank not accepting any DTMF tones. Another number was hit and miss with the tones too. hence why I thought it might have been codec related depending on what was negotiated at the time. And Dave was my Auntie's wife!

Rixy

Offline mcastle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 12:36:20 PM »
It was in the controller registry if I do recall correctly

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 03:20:18 AM »
Yeah I've taken a look and it appears it's no longer in the registry form. I've checked on 7.0 PR1.

Will keep an eye out when I jump on other releases.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10