Author Topic: Trunk Utilization  (Read 2920 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Trunk Utilization
« on: April 21, 2016, 04:40:54 PM »
Is there a free program out there that someone could recommend that would show me how our PRI's are being utilized through out the day for both inbound and outbound simultaneously?

Thanks

Offline august

• View Profile
Re: Trunk Utilization
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 07:28:40 PM »
Traffic Options Forms on the 3300.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »
As august says, Traffic Form.

There are some things to know about the traffic forms.
- When you program it, select trunks and trunk groups.
- If your PRIs roll over to another trunk group when their congested then you want route and route list.
- If you want to see what your attendants consoles are doing you can select those also.
- Choose erlangs.  I like using erlangs because on single trunks it looks more like a % of utilization.  So if it shows 99 erlangs that means the trunk was used for then entire hour.

- It's easier to read your trunk usage if your trunk groups are in Terminal mode rather than Circular mode.  That way the report will show you what channels have not been used.

- Set the reports for your business hours.   Report time frame should be 1 hour.
- The system will only keep 10 reports and then over write it.  (I'd love to have a program that would capture the reports and save them to a hard drive somewhere.)

I used to use these reports all the time.  Now, however, the report doesn't show SIP trunk usage so it doesn't have as much value to me.

Hopefully this helps
Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 11:40:06 AM »
Thanks for the responses! I will give this a shot.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 12:39:23 PM »
- The system will only keep 10 reports and then over write it.  (I'd love to have a program that would capture the reports and save them to a hard drive somewhere.)

The files are stored in the /db/cc/traffic folder on the 3300, so it would be possible (at least for someone with better programming/scripting skills than I) to be able to write a simple program to FTP to the 3300/MCD/MiVB and collect the files on a scheduled basis.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 05:29:49 AM »

The files are stored in the /db/cc/traffic folder on the 3300, so it would be possible (at least for someone with better programming/scripting skills than I) to be able to write a simple program to FTP to the 3300/MCD/MiVB and collect the files on a scheduled basis.

No need now with the Scheduler.
Create a new activity of File Transfer and select the Traffic Logs. (Although I have never tried this)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 09:02:34 AM »

Create a new activity of File Transfer and select the Traffic Logs. (Although I have never tried this)

What release is that on? Looking at a system running MCD 6.0 UR3, I don't see anything relating to traffic files as an option for a scheduled file transfer.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 05:00:08 AM »

What release is that on? Looking at a system running MCD 6.0 UR3, I don't see anything relating to traffic files as an option for a scheduled file transfer.

Mine was 7.2 I just had a look on a 7.1 and it is there as well. Didn't have a 7.0 to check.
I can confirm it didn't show in a MCD 6.0 SP3 either.

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 12:49:29 PM »
I had the Traffic Options on MCD 6.0, but the Scheduler bit didn't match what was listed.  It was looking for SMDR, Audit Trail etc, nothing about Traffic in the File Transfer option.

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 01:58:17 PM »
How do you get to the traffic reports stored on the system?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10