Author Topic: PRI outbound issues  (Read 1624 times)

Offline dfellows

• Contributer
    • View Profile
PRI outbound issues
« on: April 21, 2016, 11:58:41 AM »
I am working with a customer who has outbound calling issues. At certain times, seems like peak calling times, the customer is unable to call out, they receive a fast busy, they never lose inbound calling, even when they can't call out. We own the T1, as the ILEC, and have done testing, to no avail. We have monitored the T1 for 3 months, and have had no errors or drops. Since this is an intermittent problem, it is driving both the customer and me crazy. The PBX is programmed to the exact specs of our T1 provisioning group. We see no alarms in the logs when this issue happens. I just need a fresh set of eyes, or ideas, since I seem to be going down the same path. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: PRI outbound issues
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
If they are receiving a fast busy, that is probably coming from a D-Channel message... I would assume if someone could be monitoring the digital trunk diagnostics via the SSH terminal of the 5000, the cause could be determined quickly.

There is also the slight possibility that during peak times they are running out of resources, but you didn't really give us any information regarding number of phones and types, hardware configuration, trunking (besides the PRI), conference port usage, etc.

Offline dfellows

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »
Sorry, here is more info.  The customer is a golf course, 6 endpoints in the Pro shop, which handles the majority of the inbound calls, we have an auto attendant . There are a total of 28 endpoints. According to the call logs, we do not seem to using all 23 channels on the PRI at the same time. The customer has a low volume of outgoing calls, over all. All IP phones, 5330, 5320, 5304. They do not say they are doing any conferencing.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
dfellows,

When the customer states they are getting a "fast busy" what does the display of their phone tell them? This could just be restrictions placed on outbound calling based on how the system is programmed; we can stop them from calling out on all channels.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10