Author Topic: Need help with DEE routing steps  (Read 1724 times)

Offline k.parrent

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Need help with DEE routing steps
« on: April 18, 2016, 05:33:54 PM »
I created a phantom and a user profile for the phantom with DEE active. I also created a vm box for the phantom. The associated destinations are desk 2012 - mobile xxxxxxx - voicemail 2500. The routing steps are 1 - desk and mobile - 15 secs. and 2 - voicemail. I can not get the call to hit the second routing step. My call to 2012 rings the cell phone until the cell phone vm picks up. What am I missing?

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Re: Need help with DEE routing steps
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 06:23:35 PM »
What software version? 

I know there were some older versions that we are bit bugging when it come to DEE.
I believe a work around we used was create a new step with a ring duration of 1 second so it looked like this

Step 1
16 seconds
Desk & Mobile

Step 2
1 second
Desk & Mobile

Step 3
Voice Mail

Offline k.parrent

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »
I discovered that when I turn human answer supervision on for the user DEE will follow the routing step timer and the call will be answered by the system vm box if I do not answer on my cell phone. If the human answer supervision is off then the call does not recognize the routing steps that I have created. However, on another 5000 at a similar software release (6.1.4.64) I have a DEE user set up the same way and the routing steps operate correctly without human answer supervision turned on.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 04:06:47 PM »
k.parrent,

I have not run into that issue, but there are two PRs out there. 6.1 SP1 PR1 & PR2 that you could try and see if that fixes it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »
Is it possible that the cell VM is just answering too soon and 5000 sees that as answered call, doesn't send call to vm?  Try shortening the step 1 time to see if VM will catch the call then.

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 10:58:14 AM »
What type of trunks do you have - Analog, PRI or SIP?
I find analog trunks react differently when using DEE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 05:56:05 PM »
I discovered that when I turn human answer supervision on for the user DEE will follow the routing step timer and the call will be answered by the system vm box if I do not answer on my cell phone. If the human answer supervision is off then the call does not recognize the routing steps that I have created. However, on another 5000 at a similar software release (6.1.4.64) I have a DEE user set up the same way and the routing steps operate correctly without human answer supervision turned on.

If you are using analog trunks what you are describing is correct. 

Offline k.parrent

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 05:11:44 PM »
I shortened the ring duration to 10 seconds with HAS set to off. The call rings my desk phone for the 10 seconds but it rings my cell until my cell phone vm picks up.

The trunks are analog so I guess that explains it. But I don't like it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:15:12 PM by k.parrent »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10