Author Topic: MiCollab - what is knowledge Management?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline dan231

• View Profile
MiCollab - what is knowledge Management?
« on: April 15, 2016, 12:55:16 PM »
The docs state:
Knowledge Management - Users can index computer files and documents associated with a contact. When the user receives an incoming call, the Knowledge Management popup window appears presenting the user with a list of files associated with the caller including e-mail messages, contact entries, and documents

This is not clear to me at all.  Can someone give me an example of how this would work, or how I could set it up?

Offline Fanragetyo

• View Profile
    • sbobet
Re: MiCollab - what is knowledge Management?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 06:28:28 AM »
I believed then that this was probably the most useful.

Offline io

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab - what is knowledge Management?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 09:11:02 AM »
The docs state:
Knowledge Management - Users can index computer files and documents associated with a contact. When the user receives an incoming call, the Knowledge Management popup window appears presenting the user with a list of files associated with the caller including e-mail messages, contact entries, and documents

This is not clear to me at all.  Can someone give me an example of how this would work, or how I could set it up?

I'm a little new to this, but I think the first thing you have to do is specify the directories that you will utilize for Knowledge Management from within MiCollab's Configuration menu. I'm running MiCollab 6.0.509.0.

When you are on a call, you will see an icon in the call window that looks like a white sheet of paper. You can also right click on a user and select "Knowledge Management" to get to the same screen. Each user has a Knowledge Management window with a list of associations displayed. An association is essentially a file that you've created with information you'd like to review when speaking to this user. If you create a New Association from this screen, MiCollab will have you create or access a file from within Windows that will be populated on this screen moving forward. Let's say every time "Jack" calls you, he likes to be referred to as "Mr. Smith". You could create a .doc file that pops up as a Knowledge Management association. Once you open the file, it lists all the important information you need to know about Jack - including "address as Mr. Smith".

The biggest issue I have with this feature is that it doesn't automatically open the Knowledge Management associations - it just displays a list of them for me to access, which feels like an unnecessary extra step. I usually just create a bunch of empty txt's and name the files with the information I need - that way I don't have to open the files, I just have to read their names. So for the instance above, I would create a file titled "address_as_mr_smith.txt".

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10