Author Topic: Hot Desking  (Read 1522 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Hot Desking
« on: April 12, 2016, 10:20:23 AM »
On release 7.0 we have a mixture of 5330 and 5330E.

I wanted to implement hot desking and used my ext. programmed off site A and my test phone programmed of site B. My test phone happens to be sitting at Site A.  I put both in a new COS and turned on the appropriate features for Hot Desking. We are also in a network cluster. On my phone I hit the Hot Desk softkey and successfully logged into my test phone. However, when I logged out and checked my test phone it was sitting asking for a PIN instead of reverting back to it's programmed ext. I tried then reprograming it using my FAC for both new sets and set replacement and neither worked. I had to remove the option for it to be a hot desk phone within site B then it would let me reprogram it.

Where did I go wrong that this occurred?

Thanks

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Desking
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:03:25 AM »
Are the phones and hotdesk extensions programmed to be resilient?

Ralph

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 03:35:08 AM »
check the gateways

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 08:43:48 AM »
Ralph,

Both extensions I tested with are not programmed to be resilient.  Not sure what you mean by if the hot desk ext. is resilient? From reading the help file I take it you can setup a designated phone with ext. 1234 for ex. and this would be the Hot Desk phone and someone could sit down and hot desk back to their ext. Maybe that's what your referring to? I have not setup any designated phones yet nor do I think I will. A lot of managers and employees that travel to other locations sit wherever they can find an empty seat so I need them to be able to sit down at virtually any ext. and hot desk back to their phone.

to answer sunspark

I'm not sure what checking the gateways has to do with a phone loosing it's information in my below example.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 03:03:51 PM »
What I mean by checking the resiliency of the hot desk user is this:
 You have a physical phone - it should be resilient
 You also have a hotdesk user that logs into the physical phone.  Be sure it's resilient also.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10