Author Topic: ring an extension after hold time exceed xx:xx  (Read 1360 times)

Offline jtg0017

• View Profile
ring an extension after hold time exceed xx:xx
« on: April 11, 2016, 12:10:30 PM »
Greetings all,

We recently installed a Mitel 5000 switch at our incoming call center and I'm relatively inexperienced with it ... does anyone know how I can have the switch ring an extension after a call has been holding for a certain amount of time?

To explain, we have one extension (nicknamed "chime") that just causes a bell to ring on the call center floor. I would like to ring "chime" whenever a call has been holding for 60 seconds or longer (we monitor phones for emergency situations and I want our agents to be aware as soon as we are starting to get long hold times). Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time ...

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ring an extension after hold time exceed xx:xx
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »
Make "chime" the Recall destination. What do you want to happen to the call after the bell rings?

Offline jtg0017

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 01:05:42 PM »
Make "chime" the Recall destination. What do you want to happen to the call after the bell rings?

Well, the ideal would be that the call retains its priority in the hunt group queue after ringing the chime. My fear (having very little experience with this) is that if I make "chime" the recall destination, the call would just sit there on "chime," requiring that an agent answer that extension ... even if I redirected chime back to the hunt group, would the call then lose its priority in the ACD?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 02:12:23 PM »
jtg0017,

Well DND ON was on the right track just the wrong timer. If you set the Announcement Timer to 60 seconds it will send any call that has been holding for 60 seconds to ring the Chime. The call remains in the queue at its original position, but will continue to ring the chime unless it is sent back. This could become very annoying if you have multiple calls reach the 60 second mark.

Most people use the Announcement and Overflow as RADs when they are waiting to be called, but that is not the only thing they can be used for. The good things is that a call can be pulled back when it is answered by a hunt group member or agent without losing its position in queue.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 06:52:22 PM »
The OP said the call was on hold, never mentioned a hunt group was involved.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »
DND ON,

I made the assumption that a Hunt Group was used since the jtg0017 mentioned agents that needed to answer calls within a certain time period. It was reinforced with their second post about the caller losing priority within an ACD group.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10