Author Topic: Call routing announcement only answers first incoming call on main line  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
Hello all, IT guy here that manages the Mitel phone system, so not a pro, but somewhat decent. One of our remote offices moved and ever since then, it seems that when someone calls the main line, the call routing announcement picks up as normal. However, if a second person were to call the main number while the first line is still occupied, the phone just rings away. How can I configure it so that the call routing answers all the other lines?

Thanks.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This sounds like a telco issue. What happens when you dial line 2 directly?

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
Both people are dialing the same number. With our systems in other locations, the announcement comes up fine each time in this scenario, but just rings away here for the second call.

It definitely could be a telco issue as the whole move happened without my involvement and now I'm trying to fix the various issues.

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Rishi,

What type of trunking do they have? POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service), T-1, PRI, SIP?

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Look at your trunk groups, make sure all lines are in a group that rings to the announcement...some lines might be in different group There is also a field (Time Slot Groups) that determines how many callers can SIMULTANEOUSLY hear the announcement, but that only comes into play until first caller moves on to next destination.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10