Author Topic: Message button forwarding to Operator  (Read 1056 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
Message button forwarding to Operator
« on: April 06, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »
When a user presses the blinking VM message button on the handset it dials the operator (x1000) rather than dialing the users VM. Where would I go to fix this? I've searched high and low for this and just can't seem to find it. I know its an easy fix but I am missing it somehow.

Thanks
Chris

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Message button forwarding to Operator
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 11:19:16 AM »
If they are pressing the message envelope and its going to 1000 it sounds like they are not lifting the handset or pressing the speaker button first. Lift handset or press speaker -> then message envelope. Will call their mailbox. 

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
If they are pressing the message envelope and its going to 1000 it sounds like they are not lifting the handset or pressing the speaker button first. Lift handset or press speaker -> then message envelope. Will call their mailbox.

We lift the handset and also have tried it with speaker, it still rings the operator. The user states that she changed nothing it was like this when she came in the office this morning. She is attempting to check VM like she has done for the last 8 years.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 12:02:07 PM »
With the handset in the cradle, press MSG * (star) to clear the lamp.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
With the handset in the cradle, press MSG * (star) to clear the lamp.

You are misunderstanding what I am asking...

My user would normally press the message button and it would dial into her VM and ask for her passcode. Now it just dials into the operator at extension 1000. I want it to dial back into VM.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 01:19:30 PM »
FirstSource,

I don't think that DND ON misunderstood what you were asking, but they were providing you with the solution to fix the current issue.

Most likely the Operator has "messaged" the person's phone which will light the message notification button. When they press the flashing light it will ring the Operator until they answer the call or they cancel the message via MSG *.

The system is working as designed, but most likely you were never trained to know how to message a phone directly in order for someone to call you back. This can cause some confusion as you think the blinking message notification light only means it is a voice mail message from your mailbox when in reality the message notification button can be light by more than just the voice processing system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 03:30:31 PM »
FirstSource,

I don't think that DND ON misunderstood what you were asking, but they were providing you with the solution to fix the current issue.

Most likely the Operator has "messaged" the person's phone which will light the message notification button. When they press the flashing light it will ring the Operator until they answer the call or they cancel the message via MSG *.

The system is working as designed, but most likely you were never trained to know how to message a phone directly in order for someone to call you back. This can cause some confusion as you think the blinking message notification light only means it is a voice mail message from your mailbox when in reality the message notification button can be light by more than just the voice processing system.

Thanks,

TE

Solved Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:36:38 PM by FirstSource »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10