Author Topic: 3300 SIP Licensing / Internal Trunk  (Read 1315 times)

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
3300 SIP Licensing / Internal Trunk
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:28:41 PM »
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can clarify SIP licensing with a 3300. (MXe-III, RL: 6.0sp2, software load: 12.0.2.23)

When I hear trunk it makes me think of a peer connection, however, I'm guessing it's licensed by the number of DID's you have.  We currently have 30 allocated on an existing Net Solutions SIP account.  (through mbg proxy)

I'm wanting to test connectivity with another non-mitel system (internal) and SIP seems to be the way to connect them.   (vs ip/xnet between 3300's)  While we do have 30 DID's on the account we're only using maybe 5.  Can I grab one from that bucket and use it for a new SIP peer?

Thankfully the extension ranges are different so a few simple ARS entries should handle that.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 SIP Licensing / Internal Trunk
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 03:44:17 PM »
It's based on the number of simultaneous connections - not the number of DIDs.

You could have 30 SIP trunks (Connections) and spread them out among 5 peers.
You could set it up so that each peer could use all 30 connections at one time but this would mean that the other peers could not take any calls.

You could set it up so that one peer always reserves 10 trunks and the remaining trunks are shared among the other peers.

So if you want to test a peer connection the answer would probably be yes.  You could do that.

Ralph

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
Re: 3300 SIP Licensing / Internal Trunk
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 02:16:40 PM »
Ok, that does make sense.  I'm not sure on the volume, though taking one or two for testing should be fine.  We only use that for inbound calls for a certain area code at this time.

All outbound calls go out PRI's.

Thank You!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10