Author Topic: phone and horn ring  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Rodney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
phone and horn ring
« on: April 05, 2016, 10:51:44 AM »
I need a phone and a horn (speaker) to ring when the extension is called. It will be staion to station calling No incoming co lines ring this phone. I have tried punching down the speaker wire on the 66 block on that extension along with sending power to the speaker... no luck... any ideas

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: phone and horn ring
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:01:07 AM »
I need a phone and a horn (speaker) to ring when the extension is called. It will be staion to station calling No incoming co lines ring this phone. I have tried punching down the speaker wire on the 66 block on that extension along with sending power to the speaker... no luck... any ideas
What kind of phone... Analog (Single Line), digital, or IP?

I am going to make some guesses here, since you said "punching down the speaker wire on the 66 block on that extension along with sending power to the speaker" I am guessing this is some kind of self-amplifies speaker like a Valcom 24v horn (V-1030c or similar) that uses voltage and unamplified audio? If so, then you will need to open the phone and tap into the speaker leads and use that to feed the audio of the speaker.

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
I would use an analogue sounder connected to one of the SL ports on the HX Controller, instead of a horn. That way you could pair the two devices using DEE etc.

IPI

Offline Rodney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »
Thank You all .. I needed to soler the wires together in the phone... works great  Thank you again

Offline Ryskie

• View Profile
    • T2K
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 08:20:50 AM »
I would use the analogue port for the horn.

Create an extension list with both the phone and horn, then add this into a Hunt group so both ring at the same time,

Or use DEE if you want to call by using the phones extension number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10