Author Topic: Mobile Twinning without EHDU licenses?  (Read 4562 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Mobile Twinning without EHDU licenses?
« on: April 04, 2016, 07:23:50 PM »
I mostly do service, but have a small MiVoice Business Express going in this week, and it's kind of kicking my butt. I cannot seem to get twinning to a mobile phone to work. I am almost embarrassed to ask this since it seems like I am missing something very simple...

I am told that all UCCv4 licenses have mobile twinning capabilities with use of "Multi-Device User Groups"... I built the system using the configuration wizard with about 20 users wanting twinning... I figured it would just work, but iwhen it tried to build them it failed with a message that no EHDU licenses are available, which I thought they were not needed anymore with UCCv4 licenses.

As an example, 6199 and 6*199 are built in MiCollab and pushed to the 3300 properly with both being Multi-Device Service level devices. I tested before building the MUD group by calling each one and 6199 rings the phone, and 6*199 ring the cell phone. Then I add a new MUDG of 6199 and make it External Twinning and when I try to add 6*199 to it and it says "No EHDU licenses available". If I make it a standard group, it lets me add it to the group but it doesn't twin.

What am I missing?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 07:30:18 PM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile Twinning without EHDU licenses?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:28:25 PM »
The group needs to be standard group. The external twin group should consume a full and ehdu license when operational

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 07:30:46 PM »
The group needs to be standard group. The external twin group should consume a full and ehdu license when operational
But when I set the group to standard and put the extensions in it, the cell doesn't ring... should it without it being an external twinning group or does it have to be an external twinning group and consume a EHDU license?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:14:30 AM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:55:40 PM »
Make sure both are in the group, I usually have ehdu cos for permanent login assigned. I also find that after all is setup I've had to go to the controller and located the ehdu extension. Then go to the password spot on access and auth and tab down and do a save.

I aslo usually put my cell number in first and make this device the only one present in the group. Dial the group number until it works and then change it to desired setting.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:27:00 PM by johnp »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 10:16:04 AM »
I don't get why this is so hard...

6199 - Main desk phone (also the MUDG - Standard)
6*199 - External Hot Desk to 9651808xxxx

If I have 6*199 NOT in a group, I can dial it from any phone and my cell rings... If I put it in the group it never rings. If I set the primary member (6199) to Absent and call the pilot number, the call goes immediately to voicemail. I did a SIP TRACE and the call isn't even being attempted so it's not an interconnect, COR issue, or weird SIP issue.

LOC FEA EXT 6199
The number refers to a Multi-device User Group.                                 
Pilot Number: 6199                                                             
Members: 6199,6*199                                                             
IP Device ID:   52                                                             
Circuit Location : 1 3 1 52 1                                                   
Extension : 6199                                                               
Active Features :                                                               
Phone Lock: UnLocked                                                           
Service Level: Multi-device                                                     
MAC Address : 08:00:0F:79:FB:AA                                                 
Zone ID: 1                         

LOC FEA EXT 6*199
Hot Desk : 6*199 Login active externally at 9651808xxxx                         
IP Device ID:   65                                                             
Circuit Location : 1 3 1 65 1                                                   
Extension : 6*199                                                               
Active Features :                                                               
Service Level: Multi-device                                                     
Zone ID: 1                                                                     

FWIW, the system was configured by MiCW, all the COS were set to the defaults in MiCW... I did go through them and all the proper options seem there.

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 10:48:54 AM »
You cannot call a mutli-device extension once it is part of a group.  You can only call the group pilot and then the members should ring (if it is set to present.)
Are you using SIP or PRI trunks?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 11:08:36 AM »
SIP trunks

And I understand that I can't call the extension directly when it's in a group... I added it to my group of 6199 (6199 and 6*199) and set 6199 to Absent and dialed 6199, call immediately went to VM. My confusion is how to make it work, sales engineering says I don't need EHDU licenses with the new UCCv4 licensing, but I can't make it work.

Just for grins I (over) allocated an EHDU license and changed the group type to External Twinning, it worked perfectly.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 02:00:11 PM »
So I don't know what happened, but I called tech support, we went through the licensing, stations, COS, etc. and everything looked fine, we changed NOTHING... Tested it, and my cell phone started beeping in my headset, it just worked... I about fell off my chair. Then completely removed my test user and everything associated with it and built it again, worked fine. Took another extension that I had tested as not working previously and moved the test DID over to it, it worked first time. Tested Handoff and Personal Presensing on the EHDU station and everything worked.

Talk about a "take your car to the mechanic" scenario.

EDIT: Actually, I think I figured out what my problem was... most of the time I was testing this from the same phone that was twinned, apparently that doesn't work.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:04:00 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10