Author Topic: Analog Class of Service - fax can't dial international  (Read 1376 times)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Analog Class of Service - fax can't dial international
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:37:19 AM »
I wonder if anybody can think of anything off the top of their head that would explain why my users can't dial international on their fax machines?

I have various analog sets programmed - and in the past, when they wanted an analog phone to be able to dial international, I just changed the COS, and it worked.
Is there any reason faxes are different?
(They can successfully send faxes locally, so they must be getting the leading digit correct....hoping they know how to dial international correctly...).

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: Analog Class of Service - fax can't dial international
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 04:32:06 AM »
They aren't by accident dialling 000? In your ARS digits dialled do you have to dial 0000 or 000 for Emergency services?
Can you dial international from an IP handset?
If you put an analogue set on the line can you dial international?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 06:07:26 AM »
What kind of lines to the PSTN? Try and change ARS to enbloc dialling.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 07:32:18 AM »
I wonder if anybody can think of anything off the top of their head that would explain why my users can't dial international on their fax machines?

I have various analog sets programmed - and in the past, when they wanted an analog phone to be able to dial international, I just changed the COS, and it worked.
Is there any reason faxes are different?
(They can successfully send faxes locally, so they must be getting the leading digit correct....hoping they know how to dial international correctly...).
I think you are confusing COS (Class of Service) with COR (Class of Restriction)... You should not have to change anything in the COS or assign a different one because this does not effect what numbers you can dial, in fact, changing the COS can cause you more problems than anything else, the fax/data lines usually have a special COS with specific options enabled for faxing like override protection, no camp-on tones, etc.

You need to change the COR (Class of Restriction) on that extension to one that allows International calls. COR in conjunction with other various ARS routing programming is what controls what numbers a user can dial and on what trunks.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »

I think you are confusing COS (Class of Service) with COR (Class of Restriction)... Y

Sorry, yes, I meant I change the CoR when they want international on a particular handset.
Yes, international works fine for IP and analog handsets after I change the CoR.
I will check the enbloc dialling.
I hope they aren't dialling 000... Should be 0000 for emergency, but I will doublecheck.
I'm not onsite so I haven't connected a handset to the line used by a fax to check. I'm pretty sure that would work fine because all the analog ports are setup the same regardless of whether they are faxes or handsets. Would be nice to know for sure though...

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:13:32 PM »
You could check the smdr file to see if the call is actually getting out of the PBX.
The you could set up an intercept index to route the call to somebody if and invalid number is dialed.  (do this only temp or you'll drive someone crazy).  Then if they're dialing an invalid number it will ring the intercept phone.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10