Author Topic: Mitel 53XX Phone Firmware Upgrades  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
Mitel 53XX Phone Firmware Upgrades
« on: March 30, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »
Is there any requirement for the Mitel 53XX phones to have a specific firmware release to work with the 3300 controller release version?

The reason I ask is that I have a customer that is having a random and very intermittent issue with the desk phones not audibly ringing when the calls are presented to the phones. It is only happening for users 3-4 times a month at the most. Mitel and I have both had a good look at their server and configs and not been able to find anything. They have a mix of 5320 and 5330e phones running software version 06.03.00.11 and some have the Mitel DECT modules and headsets.

Their 3300 is

Release level: 7.0 SP1 PR2
Active software load: 13.0.1.53

Would there be any issue upgrading their phones firmware to try resolve the issue?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 53XX Phone Firmware Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 06:18:14 PM »
Firmware loads are specific to the 3300 load. So to do a firmware update on the phones, you'd have to update the controller.

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:39:05 PM »
Thanks for that. Now I have to plan an upgrade outage  :'(

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 07:37:26 AM »
"Firmware loads are specific to the 3300 load. So to do a firmware update on the phones, you'd have to update the controller."

this is not strictly true

We have been advised by mitel on a few occassions to replace the tftp files with later releases to allow the handsets to recieve a diffferent firmware version

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 08:02:27 AM »
"Firmware loads are specific to the 3300 load. So to do a firmware update on the phones, you'd have to update the controller."

this is not strictly true

We have been advised by mitel on a few occassions to replace the tftp files with later releases to allow the handsets to recieve a diffferent firmware version
True, I have seen this as well but it us the exception for a specific issue and not a general "upgrade" which is why I stated that.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10