Author Topic: Outbound Caller ID ona Per Call Basis  (Read 2318 times)

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Outbound Caller ID ona Per Call Basis
« on: March 30, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »
Have a potential client who is a Rep for 25 other companies and provides CSR type services for their 25 clients.  They are looking at a MiVoice 250 and would like to be able to control the outbound caller ID on a call by call basis either through a button (different trunk groups for each client?) or dial access code. 

For example EXT 1005 may make calls on behalf of 10 different companies and they want the outbound CID to match the company he is calling from.

Is this possible?  Dial tone is a PRI. 

In the discovery stages with them, so any hardware that is needed can be included. 

Thanks.

Offline telcoengineer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Outbound Caller ID ona Per Call Basis
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »
using Hotdesk profiles  is the only way that I could think of, each profile would have an assigned Number as the Calling Party number. This would require the carrier to setup in their database the specific numbers associated with the Company name.

312-555-1111 ABC company
847-555-2222 XYZ Company

Hot desk profile 1005 is logged in and 312-555-1111 is assigned as Calling Party Number, anyone he/she calls will show ABC company as the caller
Hot desk profile 1006 is logged in and 847-555-2222 is assigned as Calling Party Number, anyone he/she calls will show XYZ company as the caller

I hope this helps, I know its not the best option, if there were only a couple of companies you could have the carrier split your B channels into two different Groups on the same PRI, and when anyone needs to dial out as a specific company they would dial trunk access code or you could program a button for it.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 04:46:33 PM »
Jbbts,

I believe that the old Xarios now Phone Manager allows you to do that, but I have never done it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 03:25:03 AM »
Hi.

I know that Phone Manager v4.2 has a feature where you can set hot keys on the client to Change Caller ID. This is configurable by the user and will change the CLI for all following calls, until another CLI is selected.

Hope that works for you.

IPI

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 02:40:07 PM »
I tested Phone Manager and it works like champ but only gives me 5 keys.  CSE is checking to see if they can bring this down to a phone/button level.

Thanks.

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »
The users can change the cli configured on each key as required

Glad it worked.

IPI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10