Author Topic: Downgrading Software/MiXML Error  (Read 1850 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Downgrading Software/MiXML Error
« on: March 28, 2016, 10:24:12 AM »
Hello,

I have a new PBX and it came loaded with 7.2 and the rest of our sites are on 7.0. I need to downgrade from 7.2 to 7.0 for the time being. I opened up the software installer tool and when I go to login I get the following.

The 3300 is either starting up or shutting down, and the MiXML interface is not currently available.

The PBX is up and I even restarted the controller again hoping this would fix it. I'm not sure what the MiXML interface is as I don't think I have ever done anything with it. I looked in the help files and I saw there was a reference to MiXML applications and it did mentioned MiXML server but nothing I'm familiar with. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Downgrading Software/MiXML Error
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 12:33:46 PM »
I think if you're downgrading the safest bet would be to do a manual install (go in via the RS-232 console port, manually modify the boot parameters, etc.). I think trying to downgrade via Software Installer could be a pain.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Downgrading Software/MiXML Error
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 07:17:33 PM »
I would concur with lundah, whenever downgrading always do a full, manual install... The procedure is in the technicians handbook and is fairly easy to follow, you just need to somekind of FTP server (I use Filezilla Server, but there are lots of other options).

The few times I have tried with the software installer tool to "downgrade" have always ended in a manual reinstall.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10