Author Topic: UC360 Firmware on the 3300  (Read 2766 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
UC360 Firmware on the 3300
« on: March 23, 2016, 12:12:41 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is a spot on the 3300 in which you can manually put the UC360's firmware via FTP. And then point the UC360 to that spot to retrieve it. If I recall that correctly can someone tell me where you place that firmware in the MCD. Folder/Location.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: UC360 Firmware on the 3300
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 01:04:13 PM »
I put mine in a folder on my Enterprise Manager server and have that accessible as a WWW site on the server. I'd be hesitant to put it on the 3300, since if you upgrade the software or re-load the drive, you'd have to set it up again.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 01:12:12 PM »
I put mine in a folder on my Enterprise Manager server and have that accessible as a WWW site on the server. I'd be hesitant to put it on the 3300, since if you upgrade the software or re-load the drive, you'd have to set it up again.

Thanks lundah,
I could very well be mis-remembering. After digging through some documentation I did come across this:

I can't seem to find anything else in putting those files on the MCD/3300, maybe you don't. As a remote tech I have a few customers that have UC360's that reside in a VLAN that has no internet access. Was thinking that putting the upgrade files on a the MCD/3300 would be the way to go in that case. The alternative would be dispatching with a Micro SD (or USB) to manually get them upgraded, or giving them the files and walking them through the upgrade process, which I'm not very comfortable with.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 01:33:52 PM »
All I can suggest is to put it on an HTTP server that the phones have access to & changes as little as possible. Once you have the UC360 set up to look for software on an HTTP server, all you have to do is place the new release in the same place and the UC360 can be set up to automatically poll daily and update itself when there's a new software image on the server.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10