Author Topic: blinking key on mitel 5312 IP phone  (Read 3067 times)

Offline ausername

• View Profile
blinking key on mitel 5312 IP phone
« on: March 17, 2016, 01:46:46 PM »
Hey guys,

I was playing around with hot desk users the other day and since then my extension shows up as a blinking light on my coworkers mitel phones.

Here's a dropbox link to a video that I've recorded the blinking.  The blinking is non-stop and quite fast in repetition.  What could I do to solve this? I'm pretty sure I've created this situation by going in the "service details" tab within "user and device configuration" for my extension and I had enabled "external hot desking enabled" -> yes.   Since then, the option has been turned off but the blinking light has been appearing since.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahg0w7vesagfqav/blinking-mitel.mp4?dl=0

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: blinking key on mitel 5312 IP phone
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 01:54:46 PM »
Is the device under the key logged in?

Ralph

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »
Is the device under the key logged in?

Ralph

If you mean the mitel phone associated with the blinking key, then no.  The blinking started happening once I had enabled "external hot desking enabled" -> yes.   Since then, the option has been turned off.

Offline msouva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 03:42:40 PM »
I have found that if you do not remove all Remote Busy Lamp buttons (DSS/Busy Lamp), then when you go and switch from Hot Desk to regular user, you will get the fast blinking light on the phones.  When you remove them first, then switch the phone from hot desk to standard, then everything will work fine.  You will have to go back through and add all the DSS/Busy buttons back in.

Hope this helps.  I have not tried a reboot of the switch to see if it would clear it.

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 09:13:42 AM »
The old Christmas tree :) In the class of service of the use in question you can set "use green light for logged in hotdesk user" (or something) to make it not blink but be disabled if logged out and green if logged in.

If you have made an external hotdesk user and permanent login is set to no the external device is not logged in when you program. Depending on the config it is possible to activate login from ESM. You only need to create a COS for external hotdesk users and set permanent login to no. Change it again and set it to yes. All devices using that specific COS will be logged in immediately :)

Depending on how you deploy that last trick might be handy but if you have 300 EHDU's and you dont want them all logged in then be careful :)

Removing all remote busy lamps works too but if you use consoles that will disable them to see statusses of various users.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:15:16 AM by Dutch »

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 01:24:14 PM »
Making progress!

Changing the class of service as indicated has stopped the blinking lights.  The change I made was the following:  Green BLF lamp for logged in Hotdesk User  is now yes.

The problem now is that I have green lights displaying on the keys that are configured with DSS/busy lamps.

Why are those lights green now and is there anything I can do to turn them off?  The users showing a green light are not hot desk users and aren`t logged in hot desking.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10