Author Topic: Ideas for tech training on Mitel  (Read 977 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Ideas for tech training on Mitel
« on: March 17, 2016, 09:11:39 AM »
Kind of off topic, but not really... I am tasked with giving a 1-2 hour presentation to our tech group on Monday morning about the "Mitel", which since 9 out of 10 of our "Mitels" are 5000 or Axxess systems means I will be focusing on the 5000. Most of our techs, probably 80%, are primarily nurse call system technicians, but we all share on-call duties. They all have at least some basic telephony knowledge, and are familiar with VoIP because many of our nurse call installations use SIP in one fashion or another for integration or notification.

After some discussion with a few of the other techs I kind of figured out what they are looking for is basic hardware overview (the easy part), and how to handle the most common on-call issues we get like basic troubleshooting over the phone. The last part stumped me a little, guess I am not sure exactly where to go with that, especially since I get very few on-call issues with Mitel equipment. Any thoughts on what to cover, specifically?

And yes, I am asking you guys because I procrastinated and didn't prepare properly and now time is getting short. :)

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for tech training on Mitel
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »
Assuming that the techs will have remote access into the systems, an introduction to System Monitoring would be helpful. Resource & Device Info, Call Activity and Message Print pretty much tell you everything that you can troubleshoot remotely.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10