Author Topic: Mitel 5000 PRI DID Setup  (Read 5655 times)

Offline Only1russ

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 PRI DID Setup
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:31:49 PM »
I need to know where to setup my DID with my PRI.

A PRI has 23 channels, but we have 28 phone lines.

We were using POTS - (Plain Old Telephone Service -Analog)

I can see the new pri phone numbers - but it is taking the channels, and I would like to setup DID with each line.

When I do into System>Trunk Related>Call Routing>1

There is nothing there, so I proceed to setup new routed (based on different support I have seen and gathered)

However, I have tried "Single" - and routed it to an existing group - It does not ring the group.
I have tried a specific phone - and it does not ring there.
I have tried Collected extension, but it won't allow entry of any groups.

Currently is is ringing in the original - main group setup.
I have yet to remove my POTS programming - but I do not believe it could be working there???
but I can not find anywhere in the programming the word "DID" for Direct Inward Dialing

How do I set this up for a specific phone - and/or a specific group.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 PRI DID Setup
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:01:46 PM »
Did you first go into the SYSTEM/DEVICES/CO TRUNK GROUPS to create a PRI group (add all the B channels in the trunk list) and set the DAY and NIGHT DESTINATION to ROUTING TABLE and select the one you want?  Also, very critical, do your DIAL PATTERNS in the CALL ROUTING TABLE match  the number of digits the carrier is sending?  I'll often set up my first DID as 4 digits, 7 digits and 10 digits, each pointed to different destination.The phone that rings tells me which was right!

Offline Only1russ

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:30:49 PM »
Thanks - awesome input on the call routing.
(The provider told me it was the last 4 digits, but it is not working - That is next)

Here is what I have done:

I did setup a PRI group, and created an ID for each circuit. I added them all to the PRI group.
The DAY and night list ALL phones, however the phones are only ringing in the main group (I have 4 separate departments)

Other than the call routing tables - are there any other specifics to ear-mark the incoming lines?

I have 1 phone out of the group I am trying to send any and all numbers to directly, so I simply put the phone in instead of a group.
I assume I can do this either way?

If my above assumptions are correct: which option do I need in the routing table setup:
Pattern = number of incoming phone line?
Single = single phone - or group
Extension list = an existing extension list (which I am not using)
Call Routing Table - I don't understand this - does it refer to another list in this same setup?
DISA - what is this?
Collected digits - I assume this is for numbers entered after the phone is answered - is there any type of message?

Note: when moving items to the CO trunk list - I see the option to move "B" list - but I also see the option to move DID, but no where  else do I find this option.

Where do I find or add numbers to a DID?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 08:12:59 PM »
In the CO trunk group list you want all the B channels...DID is a carryover from when analog DID lines were available, not used any more.  Day ring in type and night ring in type should both be Call Routing Table, and Extended Value should be 1 (assuming that's the table you built).  Answer Access has nothing to do with anything, hearkens back to key systems.  So call comes in on a B channel, and since it's part of PRI trunk group and ring in is CRT call then looks to list for a match...when it finds one it goes to destination HG, phone or recordings.  Hint: at the end of your DID list in table add a "+", which means any other number, and a "E" which means empty (no DID captured).  Set both to special different extensions.  If calls route to the + extension you're getting DID but it doesn't match patterns loaded; if they go to E destination you're not getting any DID at all.   
Regarding your guesses, pattern is correct, must exactly match digits carrier sends.  Single would send to a single phone, HG or recording.  Extension List could be just that, but generally a HG using the ext list would give you more functionality.  Call Routing table is the list of DID numbers (by the way, be sure CALL ROUTING KEY is set to TRUNK NUMBER, OUTSIDE PARTY NUMBER would route based on caller ID). DISA is another old term, delivers internal daial tone which would let you then dial an extension.  And Collected Digits would route to the device directly matching the DID digits seen...DID 1234 would route to ext 1234.

Offline Only1russ

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 02:06:27 PM »
I meant to reply to this earlier, but my message times out - THANK YOU - AWESOME - All is working!

THANK YOU!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10