Author Topic: Session Manager Not Connecting  (Read 7040 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
Session Manager Not Connecting
« on: March 14, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »
I have Inter-tel session Manager installed on Windows 7. I updated to Windows 10 and all of my settings were erased (apparently its not compatible with Windows 10). I rolled back to Windows 7 and my settings are no longer populated and when I do put my settings in (IP 10.1.1.10) and press start the DB Studio opens with no password prompt and blank information.

Note: I just changed my firewall appliance but the phone system is local. I don't believe changing the firewall has anything to do with it.

Chris
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:03:44 PM by FirstSource »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Session Manager Not Connecting
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 06:29:16 PM »
I have Inter-tel session Manager installed on Windows 7. I updated to Windows 10 and all of my settings were erased (apparently its not compatible with Windows 10). I rolled back to Windows 7 and my settings are no longer populated and when I do put my settings in (IP 10.1.1.10) and press start the DB Studio opens with no password prompt and blank information.

Note: I just changed my firewall appliance but the phone system is local. I don't believe changing the firewall has anything to do with it.

Chris
What version of DB Studio and 5000? Are you using Mitel Administration & Diagnostics or the old stand-alone DB studio application?

I don't know about older versions, but MSA&D works fine in Windows 10, but it is common to have to export settings, uninstall, reinstall, then import settings.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 03:39:03 PM »

Chris
What version of DB Studio and 5000? Are you using Mitel Administration & Diagnostics or the old stand-alone DB studio application?

I don't know about older versions, but MSA&D works fine in Windows 10, but it is common to have to export settings, uninstall, reinstall, then import settings.

Inter-tel Session Manager 1.0.1.3

System Version 2.3.6.73

I do not have any settings to import. I am using Inter-tel Session Manager (standalone)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 03:53:48 PM »

Chris

System Version 2.3.6.73

I do not have any settings to import. I am using Inter-tel Session Manager (standalone)

Yeah,  2.3 is really old... I can't confirm if any of the stand-alone versions work in Win 10. Those are all functions of the newer software, which uses a plug-in to talk to older versions, we have tested it with several versions but not that far back.  Sorry.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 03:59:40 PM »

Chris

System Version 2.3.6.73

Yeah,  2.3 is really old... I can't confirm if any of the stand-alone versions work in Win 10. Those are all functions of the newer software, which uses a plug-in to talk to older versions, we have tested it with several versions but not that far back.  Sorry.

I have since rolled back to Windows 7. It does not connect to my phone system when i enter my IP. This is my original problem.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 04:13:46 PM »

Chris

System Version 2.3.6.73

I have since rolled back to Windows 7. It does not connect to my phone system when i enter my IP. This is my original problem.
Can you Web to the controller?

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 04:38:31 PM »
I have no ideas what you mean. I don't have any web access into my phone system. I Use Inter-tel connection Manager locally on IP 10.1.2. I guess what I am asking is there any port firewall settings that need to be configured on my new firewall for the connection manager to work even though it's only local? When I press "start" it opens the DB Studio and freezes up without asking for credentials. It's not connecting for authentication...

Chris

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 04:42:24 PM »

Chris

System Version 2.3.6.73

When I try and connect through the web it asked for username and password. I know what the password is but i have never had to use a username...

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 07:56:40 PM »

Chris

System Version 2.3.6.73

When I try and connect through the web it asked for username and password. I know what the password is but i have never had to use a username...
I was just checking to see if you could talk to the system. Web interface is probably admin and itpassw

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 09:31:02 AM »
I am able to web into the system, but cant connect with the session manager...any thoughts? Would this be a port issue on my firewall?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 09:00:51 AM »
I am able to web into the system, but cant connect with the session manager...any thoughts? Would this be a port issue on my firewall?
If you are on a different subnet or VLAN than the 5000 system, it is possible. Make sure port 4000 and 44000 are both allowed/port forwarded through the firewall.

Best way to find out would be take a computer and connect it to the same subnet/VLAN as the 5000 and try it, traffic within a subnet does not cross the router.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 12:41:05 PM »
If you are on a different subnet or VLAN than the 5000 system, it is possible. Make sure port 4000 and 44000 are both allowed/port forwarded through the firewall.

Best way to find out would be take a computer and connect it to the same subnet/VLAN as the 5000 and try it, traffic within a subnet does not cross the router.

SOLVED: The session Manager has to run in Windows XP compatibility mode. I am now able to connect and access the DB.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10