Author Topic: Mitel 3300 ICP Inbound Calls - Calls go straight to auto attendent.  (Read 3164 times)

Offline akchuck

• View Profile
Hello everyone!

I am new to these forums, and Mitel in general. My background is primarily in network engineering, but I have experience with Asterisk, 3Com NBX, and *some* Nortel MICS.

I had never worked on Mitel before yesterday, but I was asked to replace a user's phone that died. To replace the phone, I logged into the web interface, and swapped extensions with a working phone that was not in use. To do so, I removed the mac address from extension 4754 (The working phone that was not in use), Removed the mac address from 4752 (the bad phone), added the mac address from the good phone to extension 4752. Everything seemed to work fine for the user, so I thought my deed was done.

Later that day however, I got a call from another user at this location stating that whenever someone calls in the main line, the calls no longer ring on the phones it is supposed to, but rather goes straight to their IVR. From the IVR, you can dial the extension you want to reach, but it never rings all of the phones.

I tried reversing my changes that I made yesterday, and the issue still remains. I had the user onsite check to make sure none of the phones where on do not disturb and were working, but it still doesn't ring through. I am way in over my head on this project, as I have never worked on one of these systems before.

I should mention that this phone system has a PRI for its connectivity to the PSTN, and every phone has a DID. I am not sure if that helps at all, but I will throw it out there :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, I sincerely appreciate it.

--
Chris

Offline ncmurf00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 ICP Inbound Calls - Calls go straight to auto attendent.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 03:32:58 PM »
Hi Chris,
I'm not an expert either but have used Mitel off and on over 15 years.

There is a maintenance screen (telnet) where you can do swaps without having to change mac addresses. You might want to look into that in the future.

For now, it might be a good strategy to assume that the old phone had multiple line appearances. Were there any buttons labeled on the old phone?
Does that line up with the line appearance definitions on the "new" phone?

You might only need to add the missing line appearances. (Multiline Set Key Assignment will show what's on there)

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 04:00:04 PM »
or just use the set replacement code.

Offline akchuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 04:43:32 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for getting back to me! I will definitely look into the telnet maintenance screen. There was no button label on the phone that we used as a replacement, will multiline Set Key Assignment pull that information from the phone system after the change was made? I think you are right that there was some weird second line on the working phone that got removed.

Perhaps the best solution would be to find how the incoming calls are routed to the main ring group. What part of the system do I go to to find all of the ring groups and the main line's routing?

Hi x-man,

Thanks for the tip on the set replacement code, is it too late to use that in this situation, or would I still be able to do this on the working device and grab all of the proper settings?

Thanks for the responses!

Offline ncmurf00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »
A couple of quick options:

Do you know what the DNIS is for the main number? Might be the last 4 digits.
You could set a speed call assignment for the DNIS and map it to the extension of the new phone.

Not sure if you have any night programming associated with the original line though. If you do, it might throw and error and point you in the right direction.

Offline akchuck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »
Hi ncmurf00,

I believe that the DNIS is 9902. Where would I go to make those changes? (Sorry, I know so little about Mitel)

The interesting thing that happens when I press 0 at the attendant menu, is that the system states "You are being transferred to the operator." It then plays hold music and then says "That extension is not valid, please try again."

It stays in this loop indefinitely. Where would I find what extension the system is trying to transfer to that is invalid? I think this is the clue that unlocks the puzzle, but I cannot find it anywhere in the system.

Thanks for your help!

Offline ncmurf00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 07:02:52 PM »
Go to All forms, then System Speed Call Assignment.
Look for 0.

Offline akchuck

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 06:17:57 PM »
Hi ncmurf00,

That solves that issue, thanks for that info!

As far as the calls being directed straight to the auto attendant, the issue was actually due to (dun dun dun) Night mode...  8) I am supporting this system remotely, and this was my first line of troubleshooting, to see if it was in night mode. However, to figure this out, I asked to user to verify and she said that it wasn't on night mode ::) .

Two lessons learned, how to put the PBX into day mode, and to never trust users  ;)

Much thanks to all involved, your time is greatly appreciated!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 07:16:19 PM »
If you don't trust your users you can check night mode by the following maintenance command.

CP SERVICE DISPLAY

You can also change the mode using

CP SERVICE DAY
CP SERVICE NIGHT1
CP SERVICE NIGHT2

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10