Author Topic: Message Waiting Indicator button for VM cannot be selected  (Read 1690 times)

Offline moona

• View Profile
Message Waiting Indicator button for VM cannot be selected
« on: March 07, 2016, 02:30:12 PM »
Hi guys,

We have a key on some phones set as a Message Waiting Indicator button for a Nupoint MB. When there is one message sitting on the MB, the users are able to select this, enter the PIN and check the message. However, if a second unread message comes in and stacks on top then this button can no longer be pushed. It illuminates the key to show a new message waiting but selecting it does nothing, the same as it would if there were no messages.

There is definitely unread messages sitting in the mailbox, and they are not call back messages.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Message Waiting Indicator button for VM cannot be selected
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 03:06:16 PM »
Are there "real" extensions associated with the MWI keys? We had weird issues like this at a site a long time ago, and the solution was to program a non-existent ASU and program the MWI extensions as ONS extension on the ASU, then put the MWI keys on, never had any more trouble. To keep the alarms from showing we just adjusted the alarm thresholds.

This was a while back though, like release 9 I think, haven't had that issue since then.

Are you using MiTAI MWI?

Offline moona

• View Profile
Re: Message Waiting Indicator button for VM cannot be selected
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 09:01:33 PM »
Are there "real" extensions associated with the MWI keys? We had weird issues like this at a site a long time ago, and the solution was to program a non-existent ASU and program the MWI extensions as ONS extension on the ASU, then put the MWI keys on, never had any more trouble. To keep the alarms from showing we just adjusted the alarm thresholds.

This was a while back though, like release 9 I think, haven't had that issue since then.

Are you using MiTAI MWI?

In MiVB we have setup a Trusted extension i.e 6000 that Call Reroutes to to the Nupoint Pilot (7000) to pass the call straight to the 6000 Nupoint MB.

They are just used as a group mailbox if calls are not answered within a set period of time in a Ring group. Yes using Mitai MWI.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10