Author Topic: Transferred calls and one way audio on ISDN!  (Read 1740 times)

Offline danje

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Transferred calls and one way audio on ISDN!
« on: March 03, 2016, 07:12:49 AM »
Hello all,

I have a really odd problem with one of our call centre agents and one-way audio on transferred calls.  We're using ISDN for inbound and outbound calls.  We have 5 ACD agents all of which are set up identically (or at least appear to be).  They're all using 5320IP phones, all use headsets and have a "Headset" key configured.   For one of the agents however, if she presses the transfer button to put the caller on hold and speak to a 3rd party, the 3rd party cannot hear her until she has pressed the Headset key to turn the headset off, and then on again.  This only happens with external callers that come through the ACD queues - we have been unable to recreate it with internal calls.  It only happens to this agent, regardless of the phone she's logged into (we've even changed the headset!).  I've gone through ACD settings, device settings, station attributes and compared them side by side with the other ACD users and I can't for the life of me work out what's wrong?

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advice for your help,
Dan.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Transferred calls and one way audio on ISDN!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:26:15 AM »
That is a strange one.
if COS is the same as the others then I'd check the IP address to be sure it's in the same subnet (although I wouldn't expect the problem to be there)
If everything still matches the other phones that don't have the problem I'd renumber the agents hotdesk ID and recreate it to see if that makes a difference.  Be sure to renumber it rather than delete and recreate it.

Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 08:47:29 AM »
What software release? I agree with Ralph, my first thought would be to check the IP network between the phones and the controller, as one-way audio is a sign of something not right there. But, considering your description, it could actually be a bug in the system as well and may be worth opening a ticket with Mitel Tech Support on it.

Offline danje

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 07:15:11 AM »
Hi all,

Thanks for your responses.  The COS and COR are the same as the other phones.  The phones are all on the same subnet as the PBX and no firewalls are involved - just a single voice VLAN.  The problem follows the user - if she logs onto a another Agent's phone (which works fine for that agent), she still has the same problem.  I think it's a configuration issue and I suspect it's some weird corruption behind the scenes.  I'll recreate the agent ID see if the problem goes away.  :)

For info we're running version 6.0 SP2 on a 3300 MXe-III.

Thanks for your help,
Dan.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 09:29:48 AM »
Couple of suggestions: first, think about an upgrade to MCD 6.0 SP3 (12.0.3.15), just in case there's a system bug in play here. Second, verify the COS settings of the agent ID (the agent ID has their own COS on top of the COS assigned to the set they log in to) are the same as a working user. If all else fails, you could try a backup/restore on the 3300 and see if that does anything.

Offline danje

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 06:23:08 AM »
Hi all,

We created a new agent ID for the user and that appeared to fix the problem - for a couple of days. :(  We set her up from scratch with a new ID, with the same COS and device settings as all the other agents and everything was working, then all of a sudden the problem started again.  I'm starting to think that it might be down to a bug - I'll look into doing a software upgrade.

Thanks for your help,
Dan.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10