Author Topic: Message light on, but "no message left"  (Read 1393 times)

Offline DynamicGraphics

• View Profile
Message light on, but "no message left"
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:59:49 AM »
I have a Mitel 5340 IP phone.

This is driving me nuts: Several times a day I get calls where the caller hangs up without leaving a message. My phone lights up the "Message" light. I take time to log in to retrieve the message. When I do, the system says "No message left."

Why, if the system knows that no message has been left, does it interrupt my work to tell me I have a message that needs checking?

I have spoken to the folks at our company who administer the phones, but they claim there is nothing that can be done about it.

Is this really the case?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Message light on, but "no message left"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »
The idea of the empty message is to let you know someone called.  If you were a sales rep and your million dollar client called you'd probably want to call him back just in case he called your competitor first.
Having said that, there's a flag in each mailbox within database programming that controls this: DELIVER HANGUP MESSAGES.  So path is VOICE PROCESSOR/DEVICES/MAILBOXES/<YOUR MAILBOX>.

Offline DynamicGraphics

• View Profile
Re: Message light on, but "no message left"
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 03:19:46 PM »
Thanks a bunch, dwayneg! I sat down with our phone administrator with your instructions in hand and we got it sorted out.

You have added about 10 more minutes of productive time to my day...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10