Author Topic: Yoursite Explorer / CCM 7.1 - Prompts Wav files  (Read 2537 times)

Offline pritchardj2

• View Profile
Yoursite Explorer / CCM 7.1 - Prompts Wav files
« on: February 29, 2016, 02:48:59 PM »
Hi

I'm recording prompts using a microphone with Windows Sound Recorder into .WMA files and then using Adobe Audition to re-save the file as 8k, u-law .WAV files but for some reason none of them seem to work in any of schedule.  I've verified the schedule is working by swapping my .wav files for system ones which work on the same schedule.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong ? Or suggestions on how better to create the files.

I've even tried recording the .wav files by dialling 1850 and creating system prompts from the handset but these do not seem to work either.  They record but the same problem is encountered when i stick them in play activity in a schedule....   

thanks

Jono

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
Re: Yoursite Explorer / CCM 7.1 - Prompts Wav files
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 03:24:07 PM »
If you look in the device log of the port that is handling the call, the logging will indicate what the problem will be.

Hope this helps

Offline jj27sf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:26:42 PM »
I use the old XP version of sound recorder which allows recording in the proper *k u-law format without converting.  They work every time and don'[t sound so "tinny" or "lispy".  The key is to get the recordings into the correct folder.

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 10:14:46 AM »
Why not use the management subroutine in YSE. If you tweak it a bit you can overwrite existing prompts using menu options. Just remove the date time stamp option and define the file output.

If you want to use external files then there might be a better way in my option. Yoursite has a crafty way of importing and immediately converting audio files  8). What I normally do is as follows:

1. In the workflow I make a play option.
2. After that I do a quick add and make sure I have the file in a separate folder renamed to something logical eg Company_Closed Hours_YYMMDD.*
3. If YSE is able to handle the file extension the prompt will be saved.
4. It will give you a popup and you have to create a new prompt. Give it a nice name like in step 2.
5. After that the file will be placed in IVR\Media\Customer\Language folder
6. Check the language it is saved under. Should be the same as your flow is set to. I Always define language on the top of every workflow as a default.

If the language is the same and YSE was able to convert the file then it show play straight away.

I dont know about WMA but I have been able to do so with .WAVs recorded at 44kHz etc.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 09:04:06 PM »
I always import prompts as custom, give a name and then use them where needed.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10