Author Topic: Bluetooth Headset  (Read 3035 times)

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
Bluetooth Headset
« on: February 29, 2016, 11:04:14 AM »
Anyone had luck using the Mitel bluetooth module with a 3rd party headset? I have a couple here that don't seem to want to pair. They work fine with the Mitel handsets. Just curious about using a 3rd party ones. Plantronic etc.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Bluetooth Headset
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:09:51 PM »
We have used the Plantronics Voyager series BT headsets with no problems, although not many (four or five in one office, I think). I can't really speak for any other brand or model.

Remember that most cordless accessories are now DECT, not BlueTooth, you would need the older Bluetooth module.

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 12:34:26 PM »
That is probably my issue. Can you order the older bluetooth module still? Also, it looks on the site to be a bundle deal with the handset. Can you order the module only?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 05:22:49 PM »
You need P/N 50006441 which is a bundle that includes the Bluetooth module (50006402) and the Bluetooth Handset with charging plate (50006442).

That being said, they are almost impossible to find through official channels since it was discontinued in favor of the DECT accessories. Amazon or other aftermarket resellers might be your best bet.

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:57 AM »
I opened an information ticket with Mitel and they assured me that the DECT version I have will work with ANY 3rd party bluetooth headset, but I have tried three sets and it will not pair.

On another note, I am attempting to try to use the UC client softphone with a bluetooth adapter in my PC. I have added the license in the UC server, but the softphone options are not showing up in my UC client. Anyone use this option before?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 02:56:01 PM »
I opened an information ticket with Mitel and they assured me that the DECT version I have will work with ANY 3rd party bluetooth headset, but I have tried three sets and it will not pair.

That doesn't sound right. DECT and BT are 2 different protocols, I wouldn't expect a DECT base to work with a BT headset. Just tried it myself on a 5340 with the 50005521 DECT module, can't get it to pair with either of my 3rd party BT headsets but it pairs with the Mitel DECT headset just fine.

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 03:15:12 PM »
I have updated the ticket, maybe someone else at Mitel will have a better answer.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »
Hi JasonTL,
Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. But we've deployed a couple Bluetooth modules for the folks that are hear impaired, and with their hearing aids being Bluetooth compatible we thought we'd give it a try. Ones installed and paired, all seemed to work surprisingly well for their needs. I had my doubts on em' at first like they'd be some kind of "As Seen on TV" gimmick, but nope, they've worked quite well. Obviously the range of DECT versus Bluetooth, DECT wins. But nice to have that Bluetooth option.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 12:38:27 PM »
I have the DECT model I believe. On the back of the module it has (50005521). Is this the same model you have? If so, were you able to use a 3rd party non DECT bluetooth headset?

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 02:30:04 PM »
I have the DECT model I believe. On the back of the module it has (50005521). Is this the same model you have? If so, were you able to use a 3rd party non DECT bluetooth headset?

JasonTL,
Nope, the units (DECT and Bluetooth) look exactly the same, physically. but both are different in that one is DECT and the other Bluetooth, as far as I know there are no combo type units, though that'd be cool! Since we normally don't stock those units I really cant say what part number the Bluetooth modules would be but I know they would be the same as what you are seeing.

You can tell which one you have by pressing the "Blue Settings Key" then pressing "Cordless Devices", you should see one of these two screens (Assuming you have 53XX phones):

One means you have the Bluetooth Module, and the other the DECT Module.

;)

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:33:23 PM by irongladiator »

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 02:36:09 PM »
Thank you. That clears everything up. I am having a hard time getting Mitel to get me a correct module number, so that I can order one for testing.

Thanks again.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 02:52:30 PM »
Thank you. That clears everything up. I am having a hard time getting Mitel to get me a correct module number, so that I can order one for testing.

Thanks again.

JasonTL,
No worries, after reading it kinda sounded that way. I was confused too at first so don't worry yer not the 1st nor will you probably be the last. With regards to model numbers I obtained these direct from Mitel's site.

5006402 - Bluetooth Module Only

50006441 - Bluetooth Module and Bluetooth Handset Bundle
(Yep that's right Mitel makes a Bluetooth Handset and as you may already know they have a DECT Handset, again both look identical except one is DECT and the other Bluetooth.)

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline CPAmechanic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 09:21:40 AM »
You need P/N 50006441 which is a bundle that includes the Bluetooth module (50006402) and the Bluetooth Handset with charging plate (50006442).

That being said, they are almost impossible to find through official channels since it was discontinued in favor of the DECT accessories. Amazon or other aftermarket resellers might be your best bet.

I know this is an old thread, but with regards to the Bluetooth Module (50006402), do you happen to know if these modules also require a jumper to be installed in the phone similar to the jumper that comes with the DECT module (50005521)?  Appreciate any insights you may have on this.  -cpamechanic

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10