Author Topic: CPN Substitution vs Caller ID Name  (Read 2162 times)

Offline wmjosiah

• View Profile
CPN Substitution vs Caller ID Name
« on: February 24, 2016, 09:43:53 AM »
Hello all,
First off, this is my first post - hello everyone!
I have questions about Caller ID name displayed when people from my system call the outside world. I have figured out how to change the number displayed using CPN substitution, including how to take blocks of numbers and hide them behind one number, etc... but I haven't figure out how to forward a name as well as a number out. The Mitel documentation makes it sound like you can do it, but then doesn't specify how, in the docs about CPN substitution (Quote: "CPN (Calling Party Number) substitution is typically used to show the customer's corporate name and number for all outgoing calls to the public network". But then there is no further mention of name, only of number). Is this something I can do, or do I have to contact my phone company about that?
I'm running a cluster of four 3300 MXe-III extended controllers running software 6.0 SP3.
Thanks in advance for any clues!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CPN Substitution vs Caller ID Name
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:46:15 AM »
What type of trunks do you have?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: CPN Substitution vs Caller ID Name
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 11:24:59 AM »
In general most carriers do not support you supplying outbound CID Name information, only number delivery. If you want to specify a specific name with a number that is different than the main listed name on the account you have to submit that request to your carrier to have it added to the CID lookup database.

In some cases with SIP trunks, you can push it yourself, but that has only a 50/50 shot of making to it's destination in my (limited) experience.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10